Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will California and West see Storm Watch in the next few days (2022-12-29)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, now we know but this is an off year with heavy storms. What will next winter be like? ;)
All about probabilities and risk taking.
Sure, but the on peak delta during the winter is much lower as well as the solar generation is much lower.

I'll take a higher reserve winter instead of the risk of a power outage at a low reserve already.

Very strange. Today a sort of familiar, bright object appeared in the sky. As a result, my roof was generating 2.5 kW at 10:00 and after filling the battery we are now sending 1.7 kW back to the grid. I sure hope I can remember what this bright object in the sky is, and that it will hang around for a few days as we clean up from the latest storm.

Very strange. Today a sort of familiar, bright object appeared in the sky. As a result, my roof was generating 2.5 kW at 10:00 and after filling the battery we are now sending 1.7 kW back to the grid. I sure hope I can remember what this bright object in the sky is, and that it will hang around for a few days as we clean up from the latest storm.
Not appearing in my area. Must be a unique object near you.

Feels good here and nice to see more battery charging happening for a change. Understand from weather report Mt Hamilton and ranges around there experienced snow. Happy to be warming on valley floor.

News from Santa Cruz mts and other bay and Calif locations looks bad though with road infrastructure taken out. I don’t know how CalTrans goes about rebuilding some of this and know repairs like on 92 will take a long time.

Not appearing in my area. Must be a unique object near you.
Well, I did sacrifice a goat at dawn.
Feels good here and nice to see more battery charging happening for a change. Understand from weather report Mt Hamilton and ranges around there experienced snow. Happy to be warming on valley floor.

News from Santa Cruz mts and other bay and Calif locations looks bad though with road infrastructure taken out. I don’t know how CalTrans goes about rebuilding some of this and know repairs like on 92 will take a long time.
Agreed.

Here in the Tri-Valley we have watched Hwy 84 open and close over and over since Xmas. But we have easy options like I-680 to get to Fremont and points past. Not as for people in other locales. I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to the CalTrans people working on roads in this state. I cannot imagine the work it takes to keep Hwy 92, 1, 50, I-80, and other more rural locations open.