Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will ceramic coating impair adhesion of badges / spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MYP was repaired from a rear end colision that required the rear hatch to be replaced. I am still waiting for a new spoiler to come in before having the body shop put the new badges and spoiler on. In the mean time, I would like to get the car detailed and ceramic coated. My question (probably figured this out from the title of the thread) is weather or not the ceramic coating will make it harder for the badges and spoiler to stick. Even without ceramic coating the spoilers tend to come loose over time and I don't want to make that problem worse.

Thanks,

Keith

I ceramic coated my car and wanted to Hyperdip my badges and I couldn't even get FrogTape to stick to my car so I could cover areas I didn't want the dip to end up. Ended up having to dip without any taping. It wasn't as messy as I thought but still messier than being able to make things out. So yeah I'd say wait till you get your spoiler and badges on before you ceramic coat

PXL_20230204_194510158.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Fourdoor
Yes, ceramic coating (or any type of sealants, wax, etc…) will compromise the adhesion of badges/spoilers.
So, definitely wait to coat/seal/wax your vehicle until after the badges/spoilers are installed.

Also, if the surface of your vehicle has been cleaned & prepped correctly, a properly installed spoiler or badge should never come loose over time... assuming of course the double-sided tape supplied with the spoiler/badge is of good quality. I’ve owned a lot of vehicles in my lifetime and have never had/seen a spoiler come loose, ever…

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope no one was injured and everything works out…