Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Cybertruck final production look different?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of these codes are old, headlamps on each side made sense back then, with bulbs and such... One piece strip LED is too futuristic even if it has better coverage and visibility.
To THAT end, have you noticed.......

There is a recent HUGE push to have people replace their entire headlight assemblies, as they are about to completely be phased out, gone.....?

Reactions: SSonnentag
probably not changed as such, but quite likely evolve to suit regulatory requirements.
Haven't some cars already managed to get away with no side mirrors?
There's nothing in the regs that defines the width of the headlight, only that its as far as possible to the sides and that there's less than eight.
I'm betting that it says nothing about lenses etc. Pretty sure the truck will end up being described as having two headlights that are exactly 50% of the width of the vehicle ;)

• Informative
Reactions: mrwuffles
The rear lights may or may not be legal. The front center light bar will not be legal. There are also min and max height requirements for the lights

Just a few examples of light bars, and these cars were developed over 20 years ago.
1920px-1st-Mercury-Sable-sedan.jpg

2nd-Sable-GS.JPG

1920px-5th_Pontiac_Grand_Prix.jpg

Tesla has brought four products to market and received 5 star safety awards. I would like to think Tesla knows the DOT headlight and tail light regs better than most of us. Lets give Tesla some credit, and that Hanz researched this before going through the trouble to design the feature.

I just measured my garage at exactly 232" long, which is the same as the Cybertruck length. Not to worry says the wife, we can sell the house and get something larger! I hope they offer a slightly shorter version that I don't have to shoehorn into my garage.