Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Donald Trump's denial of scientific fact affect Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Short term I think it will.
However, it will also affect all other companies and they might go back to ICE and de prioritize their EV goals.

TSLA needs EV/Alternate energy to survive others don't. So TSLA will also have less immediate competitors.

I think there are enough people that have bought into Tesla's vision. So as long as that support is there, battery costs keep going down and science being science cannot be denied, long term Tesla will thrive.

(So less option plays, and buy the dip ... not sure of the bottom though ..)

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I suspect it'll have an effect, but not a disastrous one.

As long as CARB stands firm, Tesla has a solid business foundation in the U.S., no matter what happens with the EPA or coal. They've also got a big market overseas which isn't likely to be affected much.

It seems likely that the federal tax credit won't last long, but I think that's the only federal EV inducement we have now, and I think they'll be able to continue finding customers without that, possibly at a reduced rate.

How many of us purchased a Tesla because we got a $7,500.00 tax credit. All of the people that I know who purchased a Tesla come up with the money first. Yes, there may be a few that will not buy an "S" or an "X", they may wait for the 3.
@Saghost are you going to make it to John's this Sunday?

• Disagree
Reactions: Owner

(FYI, the media around the world is generally shocked & horrified by his election to the presidency)
Nobody has any idea based on actions as to what the new President will do with environmental concerns.
All we know is what a failure the DNC plans yielded.

As far as the world hating that the US has elections, read the press, get a good mix.

Mostly I read that the heads of state now want to improve their relations with the US, in particular Russia.
Even the Australian Government wants the US to participate in halting Chinese territorial expansion and expansion of armed Islamic militants in the Pacific. Australian PM Turnbull says Trump will project 'enhanced military power' in Asia Pacific

But I also read input from international dissents. Julian Assange is very happy, and he read Clinton's private international correspondence and internal memos. He was afraid of another Clinton Presidency.
Most countries and even dissents are going to give the new President a chance. Not all, most.

When Michael Moore thinks Clinton would have made a bad President, you really have to step back and take the pulse of the America.

Trump did not WIN the election in the US. The failure of the Democratic policies to resolve domestic and international issues caused their loss. Without the ultra-liberal New York and California voters, it would have been one of the most lopsided losses in US politics.

The average American has watched their standard of living fall, and the good paying jobs being sent to other countries.

We want our jobs back. We want our roads fixed. We want our schools to return to top tier organizations.

Nobody KNOWS what direction and effect the new President will have on the environment. Sound bites, and partial quotes are NOT action, or the Democratic Party would have won by a landslide.

The tiring stereotype that only the Democratic Party wants social justice, environmental programs, and the removal of Corporate influence in politics is not shown by the actions of the DNC. Only their election claims agree with the stereotype.

George Soros actually has more power in US politics than the Clintons, and Georgy lost his arse. He did get dope legal in California, so he did get something done. Why the HELL did Soros care about pot smoking in Redding, California? He doesn't. He just wants to own California politically by focusing on the younger demographic.

Today, California is perhaps the most racist state in the USA. Everything here is now based on the color of your skin. Every time you interface with the government, you are asked what race you are, and based on that answer, you get different treatment.

We'll be watching from up here, north of the the border, with much interest! :)

tumblr_mpzqjqSmCy1rikt3no1_500.jpg

Nobody has any idea based on actions as to what the new President will do with environmental concerns.

As far as the world hating that the US has elections, read the press, get a good mix.

Mostly I read that the heads of state now want to improve their relations with the US, in particular Russia.
Even the Australian Government wants the US to participate in halting Chinese territorial expansion and expansion of armed Islamic militants in the Pacific. Australian PM Turnbull says Trump will project 'enhanced military power' in Asia Pacific

But I also read input from international dissents. Julian Assange is very happy, and he read Clinton's private international correspondence and internal memos. He was afraid of another Clinton Presidency.
Most countries and even dissents are going to give the new President a chance. Not all, most.

When Michael Moore thinks Clinton would have made a bad President, you really have to step back and take the pulse of the America.

Trump did not WIN the election in the US. The failure of the Democratic policies to resolve domestic and international issues caused their loss. Without the ultra-liberal New York and California voters, it would have been one of the most lopsided losses in US politics.

The average American has watched their standard of living fall, and the good paying jobs being sent to other countries.

We want our jobs back. We want our roads fixed. We want our schools to return to top tier organizations.

Nobody KNOWS what direction and effect the new President will have on the environment. Sound bites, and partial quotes are NOT action, or the Democratic Party would have won by a landslide.

The tiring stereotype that only the Democratic Party wants social justice, environmental programs, and the removal of Corporate influence in politics is not shown by the actions of the DNC. Only their election claims agree with the stereotype.

George Soros actually has more power in US politics than the Clintons, and Georgy lost his arse. He did get dope legal in California, so he did get something done. Why the HELL did Soros care about pot smoking in Redding, California? He doesn't. He just wants to own California politically by focusing on the younger demographic.

Today, California is perhaps the most racist state in the USA. Everything here is now based on the color of your skin. Every time you interface with the government, you are asked what race you are, and based on that answer, you get different treatment.
Sheesh, STOP already. Your side won the election now stop embarrassing yourself and stay on topic.

The biggest threat to Tesla Motors is Chinese subsidized production of EV's coming to America.

How that will be addressed is anybody's guess. I assume everybody here believes that Trump will facilitate it.
I rated "funny" because of the mental image of the YouTube drag race videos that would appear... OMG
Hee hee hee hee ...Sorry!

Ahem. It'd expose more people to EVs, have a positive impact on TM image, and somewhat less on the short-term price movement.

Last edited:
-

Since you advocate "wait and see approach" I'll offer a hint: Just watch what repealed ACA will be replaced with. I think that will be a good indicator where things are heading. I do hope I'm wrong.

I guess this says all you need to know
My god Trump is dumb as dogshit
EnergyClintonTrumpJohnsonStein
Should New Fossil Fuel Leases on Federal Land Be Allowed?Now NCPro?Con
Should Fracking Be Allowed?ProProNow ProCon
Should the United States Build Additional Nuclear Power Plants?NCProNCCon
Is Human Activity Primarily Responsible for Global Climate Change?ProConProPro
Should the United States Authorize the Keystone XL Pipeline to Import Tar Sand Oil from Canada?Now ConProProCon
Should the United States Transition Away from Fossil Fuels and Towards Renewable Energy?ProConConPro

2016 Presidential Candidate Positions on 75 Issues - 2016 Presidential Election - ProCon.org