TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Will editing after June affect free internet connectivity?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Carl_Drogo, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Carl_Drogo

Carl_Drogo Member

I still have the edit button. Having second thoughts on a couple options. I paid the deposit and have an “order number” from June. If I edit now will I lose the free internet thing?

2. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

Your order date is in June regardless of edits, so you're good. CRISPR away at that badboy.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
  3. vsingh

vsingh Member

My order date was changed when I made an edit. Proceed with caution.

• Like x 1
  4. Thomas Edison

Yep, different configurations will give you different production/delivery dates.

5. drawfour

drawfour Member

What kind of edit? Just changing wheels or color, or did you go from P to AWD? For me, I've ordered the Aeros, but I go back and forth between that or the 19". Also, debating FSD. Right now, I don't have it selected. I want to see what new features come out in August to see.

6. vsingh

vsingh Member

I took off EAP so nothing actually changed on the car since the hardware is standard. Orignal config date was 4/23 but when I took it off, my config date changed to 5/17.

7. drawfour

drawfour Member

Interesting. Good to know. I guess if I want to make changes, I'll call them and make sure an edit won't change my < Jul 1 status. Or just live with what I chose.

8. a.void

a.void Member

I changed wheels the day after I ordered and it showed my order date update to the date I made the change. I recommend calling before doing it online

9. firebat

firebat Member

Where do you see the order date? I placed by Model 3 Performance order last night, but can't find the order date on the Tesla site.

10. whatthe2

whatthe2 Member

I configuered on 6/28, changed my color on 6/30 and my new Order Agreement (attached to email) showed 6/30 so guessing that is what they are going by. If you change, seems to be the date you change.

11. firebat

firebat Member

Looks like I have the problem mentioned in Order Agreement vs Reservation Agreement, where Tesla emailed me a reservation agreement, but not the order agreement. I've emailed them to see if they can send mine.

12. KenF

KenF Member

Selecting edit online now shows the 1-year trial for new/revised configurations:

52D31D03-7F53-4D0A-B6AE-58FD4B76C77D.jpeg

• Informative x 3
  13. whatthe2

whatthe2 Member

Initially I got a Reservation Agreement when I configured on 6/28. When I changed my color on 6/30 I got an Order Agreement. Not sure what the difference is. Five page PDF vs one.

14. ppower

ppower Member

This may sounds really stupid, but where do you find your configuration date?

15. Thomas Edison

Anyone have a screenshot of that from before the edit? I'd like to see the "old" screen.

16. Xelloss99

Xelloss99 Member

Here is mine (Canada order but should be the same)

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  17. vsingh

vsingh Member

Log into your account and click on "manage", then scroll down and you should have an option which says "order agreement"; click on view and it will be listed on the left of the page as "order placed with electronically accepted terms".

18. drawfour

drawfour Member

I don't see "Order Agreement" anywhere. I see an "Edit Design". I will note that I have selected to do a trade-in, and that item is marked as Pending (I already did all the others -- registered owners, driver's license, insurance, payment methods). No matter how many times I've tried to "confirm" that item, it stays as "pending". I assume it's pending until we do a trade-in evaluation, which I'm sure won't be until a week or two before the car is delivered.

19. vsingh

vsingh Member

Interesting. My order agreement showed up right after I configured. The edit design will remain there until a VIN is assigned internally. If you change to no trade, it will go away but won't change anything. I'm not trading in but used that to gauge when my VIN was assigned. Plenty of threads detailing that. They will contact you to discuss the trade-in prior to scheduling a delivery date.

20. drawfour

drawfour Member

I just changed it to no trade-in (doesn't really matter - I won't get much for it anyway, whether from Tesla or someone else), and saved it. And now the Edit Design button is gone. Maybe I'm getting a VIN assigned right now! ;)

• Funny x 1