Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will editing after June affect free internet connectivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What kind of edit? Just changing wheels or color, or did you go from P to AWD? For me, I've ordered the Aeros, but I go back and forth between that or the 19". Also, debating FSD. Right now, I don't have it selected. I want to see what new features come out in August to see.

I took off EAP so nothing actually changed on the car since the hardware is standard. Orignal config date was 4/23 but when I took it off, my config date changed to 5/17.

What kind of edit? Just changing wheels or color, or did you go from P to AWD? For me, I've ordered the Aeros, but I go back and forth between that or the 19". Also, debating FSD. Right now, I don't have it selected. I want to see what new features come out in August to see.

I changed wheels the day after I ordered and it showed my order date update to the date I made the change. I recommend calling before doing it online

Selecting edit online now shows the 1-year trial for new/revised configurations:

52D31D03-7F53-4D0A-B6AE-58FD4B76C77D.jpeg

Log into your account and click on "manage", then scroll down and you should have an option which says "order agreement"; click on view and it will be listed on the left of the page as "order placed with electronically accepted terms".
I don't see "Order Agreement" anywhere. I see an "Edit Design". I will note that I have selected to do a trade-in, and that item is marked as Pending (I already did all the others -- registered owners, driver's license, insurance, payment methods). No matter how many times I've tried to "confirm" that item, it stays as "pending". I assume it's pending until we do a trade-in evaluation, which I'm sure won't be until a week or two before the car is delivered.

I don't see "Order Agreement" anywhere. I see an "Edit Design". I will note that I have selected to do a trade-in, and that item is marked as Pending (I already did all the others -- registered owners, driver's license, insurance, payment methods). No matter how many times I've tried to "confirm" that item, it stays as "pending". I assume it's pending until we do a trade-in evaluation, which I'm sure won't be until a week or two before the car is delivered.

Interesting. My order agreement showed up right after I configured. The edit design will remain there until a VIN is assigned internally. If you change to no trade, it will go away but won't change anything. I'm not trading in but used that to gauge when my VIN was assigned. Plenty of threads detailing that. They will contact you to discuss the trade-in prior to scheduling a delivery date.

Interesting. My order agreement showed up right after I configured. The edit design will remain there until a VIN is assigned internally. If you change to no trade, it will go away but won't change anything. I'm not trading in but used that to gauge when my VIN was assigned. Plenty of threads detailing that. They will contact you to discuss the trade-in prior to scheduling a delivery date.
I just changed it to no trade-in (doesn't really matter - I won't get much for it anyway, whether from Tesla or someone else), and saved it. And now the Edit Design button is gone. Maybe I'm getting a VIN assigned right now! ;)

• Funny
Reactions: vsingh