Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will editing after June affect free internet connectivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just changed it to no trade-in (doesn't really matter - I won't get much for it anyway, whether from Tesla or someone else), and saved it. And now the Edit Design button is gone. Maybe I'm getting a VIN assigned right now! ;)

If only it worked that fast. If you change to trade in, it'll come back. When it disappears for good is when you should expect a call/email within the next few days to discuss all the details.

I also added a pic of what my order screen looks like showing the order agreement.

Attachments

• order screen.jpg
    order screen.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 103
I also added a pic of what my order screen looks like showing the order agreement.
Yeah, I don't see that. I see the Lemon Law one, and the 3 in the section above, but not the Order Agreement. Also, I didn't get an "Order Agreement" in the confirmation email, but instead got the Reservation Agreement. I know some other people had that same issue. I'll probably send Tesla an email to get them to send it to me.

drawfour, I have the same problem and sent them an email earlier. I placed my order for a Model 3 AWD Performance + Performance Upgrade on 6/30.

Isn't there some sort of 48-hour waiting period before the order is "locked"? If that's the case, I wonder if the Order Agreement is sent only after that period.

drawfour, I have the same problem and sent them an email earlier. I placed my order for a Model 3 AWD Performance + Performance Upgrade on 6/30.

Isn't there some sort of 48-hour waiting period before the order is "locked"? If that's the case, I wonder if the Order Agreement is sent only after that period.
Could be, but given that I didn't get the Order Agreement attachment in the confirmation email, it seems that at least that part was messed up. Also, I ordered on 6/28. I guess that means there has been only 1 business day (Friday). The charge is not listed on my CC as "pending". Anyway, I sent them an email, so we'll see what they have to say.

I don’t know if it does but I ordered on a sat night (June 30) and received an order acknowledgment showing June 30. On Sunday I made the possibly stupid mistake of editing my order to change from the aero wheels to the 19” wheels. I received an updated email with an updated attachment which shows the same order number, but now the date is July 1.

I am curious as well... I keep flip flopping on my color selection, but am afraid to make any changes if that means losing internet or my place in line.

I would definitely not make any color changes. You probably keep putting yourself in the back of the list for your invite group. They might allocate your car just for you to pick a new color and start the process over.

Called the General Tesla sales number and received a recorded message that they are experiencing unusually high call volumes and they can’t take my call at this time. I sent an email but I suspect I will get screwed (pardon the expression).

From my experience, Emails don’t get responded to. Keep calling back whenever you get a chance throughout the day. It’ll go thru and you’ll be on hold for approx +/- 30 mins before getting helped.

Look at your order agreement, if it shows up, to see if the date updated.
Well originally I was only ever emailed a reservation agreement on the 6/28 with no date written, but it seems this change triggered a purchase agreement to come though with a date listed as 7/2. I think I'm more annoyed that this pushed my reservation date back as that could cause me to lose the full $7500K tax credit depending on when this mystical 200K car figure was crossed.

FWIW...
Just got off the phone with a local Tesla rep who was DM’ing someone higher up for the answer..

They told me I could change my color configuration up to the point a VIN is assigned WITHOUT adversely affecting the premium connectivity deadline or delivery estimate since my order was originally placed on 6/26.

She also convinced me to stick with the Obsidian Black, so I may not change my configuration anyway.

So is there anyway to check the TIME the order was received by Tesla? I got up at ~7AM and checked the configurator. Saw that I could configure and did. Got a confirmation email at 7:22AM. So sometime between 7 and 7:22. Is there a method like the "reservationDate" html search trick that can give me the exact time???

After you make changes they send you and updated agreement. My wife was back and forth about the white interior We placed our original order on 6/27 for the black interior. One 6/30 we went to our local Tesla Showroom and she was able to see some white interiors and decided to go for it. When we edited the interior color we received a new agreement (below). There is no indication of the original 6/27 order that I can find it on the new order agreement, and the agreements only appear to show the date that the order terms were accepted. Based on that, if you were trying to avoid paying for the internet connectivity I would be really careful about making any new changes. Unless Tesla was involved in helping make the changes and gave you the assurances.

IMG_0122.png IMG_0123.png