Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will editing after June affect free internet connectivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I placed my order on 6/30/18 at 10:55 pm pacific time. My order agreement shows order date of 6/30/18. However when I checked my bank account the $2500 payment still shows as pending. Hopefully that won't cause me to miss out on the premium connectivity option that had the 6/30 deadline.

Well originally I was only ever emailed a reservation agreement on the 6/28 with no date written, but it seems this change triggered a purchase agreement to come though with a date listed as 7/2. I think I'm more annoyed that this pushed my reservation date back as that could cause me to lose the full $7500K tax credit depending on when this mystical 200K car figure was crossed.

you should be ok in regards to getting the rebate. That's why Tesla delayed us 4/18 invites. As long as you take delivery in the 3rd quarter, you should be able to claim the full rebate.

So I placed my order on 6/30/18 at 10:55 pm pacific time. My order agreement shows order date of 6/30/18. However when I checked my bank account the $2500 payment still shows as pending. Hopefully that won't cause me to miss out on the premium connectivity option that had the 6/30 deadline.

You should be fine because you ordered in time. Charges are usually pending for around 2-3 days before it actually posts to your account.

@chickensworth, Originally I'd ordered a Red Performance AWD with the Performance upgrade (20" wheels, spoiler and aluminum pedals) and EAP and then subsequently decided I didn't really like the look of the wheels and would rather do some after market Turbine style ones instead. I only really went with the option for this originally out of confusion and impetuousness. Mainly changed my mind after looking at some finalcials that scared me.

@chickensworth, Originally I'd ordered a Red Performance AWD with the Performance upgrade (20" wheels, spoiler and aluminum pedals) and EAP and then subsequently decided I didn't really like the look of the wheels and would rather do some after market Turbine style ones instead. I only really went with the option for this originally out of confusion and impetuousness. Mainly changed my mind after looking at some finalcials that scared me.

How far did your delivery window get pushed? From what I understand, all performance models are currently being reported as aug-oct delivery... is this not the case?

How far did your delivery window get pushed? From what I understand, all performance models are currently being reported as aug-oct delivery... is this not the case?
I was originally Aug - Oct, but it pushed to Sep - Nov. I only really picked the P model to expedite it. This whole opening up the floodgate thing is a farce for those of us that have waited for so long.

I placed my order on 6/30, never received a purchase agreement and emailed them on 7/1 but never received a response. Yesterday I changed my order to remove the Performance Upgrade package, and immediately received an order update email. The order agreement PDF was attached. My Tesla order page also now shows an Order Agreement link next to the Lemon Law Disclosure link.

updateemail.png teslapage.png purchaseagreement.png

I placed my order on 6/30, never received a purchase agreement and emailed them on 7/1 but never received a response. Yesterday I changed my order to remove the Performance Upgrade package, and immediately received an order update email. The order agreement PDF was attached. My Tesla order page also now shows an Order Agreement link next to the Lemon Law Disclosure link.

View attachment 314533 View attachment 314532 View attachment 314531

Was your delivery date pushed back from the original order?

Responding to the original question:

I changed my mind on color, but decided to go to the sales center/dealership. One of the reps checked and saw that I had an ISA, but no vin yet, and emailed the ISA my question (CC’ing me). My ISA responded today that he’d updated the color on my account, and confirmed that I’d still get premium data as I was grandfathered in (ordered on June 27).

Advice - check with your ISA if you have one. Otherwise, visit the dealership and ask them to update it if possible. Only the Tesla reps can confirm your individual case, but it is possible to make a color change and retain your data.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 314533 View attachment 314532 View attachment 314531
Not sure it's exactly a "pattern" but order agreements seem to be way more consistently sent out on an edit vs. an initial configuration from what I have heard (and matches my personal experience). I'd imagine there are some more things to it than that in terms of what actually triggers it to be sent, but that does feel like at least one theme.

So, I ordered on June 26th in the AM, and have delivery scheduled for 7/14. My ISA is on vacation so I called the ISA who’s covering to ask about adding FSD now for reasons, and then he said adding it would not change my order date that’s before 7/1 and assured me I would still get the free premium internet. I’m currently waiting for updated paperwork and will probably double check with my regular ISA that this is right before I take delivery.

So, I ordered on June 26th in the AM, and have delivery scheduled for 7/14. My ISA is on vacation so I called the ISA who’s covering to ask about adding FSD now for reasons, and then he said adding it would not change my order date that’s before 7/1 and assured me I would still get the free premium internet. I’m currently waiting for updated paperwork and will probably double check with my regular ISA that this is right before I take delivery.

This is interesting, I have FSD on my order and was going to edit to take it off! :)

Given that I wont get my car for months, does this mean I could add it on at the last minute in case some super duper FSD update comes out between now and then?

This is interesting, I have FSD on my order and was going to edit to take it off! :)

Given that I wont get my car for months, does this mean I could add it on at the last minute in case some super duper FSD update comes out between now and then?

FSD is 3k any time before you accept delivery of the car- so AFAIK you could add it when you go to pick it up from the dealer before you finish the paperwork (as long as you bring the extra 3k)

Which is my plan... wait to see if they actually do issue an august v9 update that offers genuinely FSD-only features, and if so (and they're not horrible) pay the 3k when my car is ready to be picked up (assuming Sept-Nov is at all an accurate estimate). It's a software push, so no need to involve the factory ordering system at all.

Nope, it remained September to November throughout the process. I was expecting a one month delay, but it didn't happen. The original reservation was made the day of the unveil before online orders opened up; not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Your configuration was identical to mine by the looks of it, and also you made the same change I did by removing the performance upgrade package. Odd though my delivery timeframe got pushed back, but not yours.

FSD is 3k any time before you accept delivery of the car- so AFAIK you could add it when you go to pick it up from the dealer before you finish the paperwork (as long as you bring the extra 3k)

Which is my plan... wait to see if they actually do issue an august v9 update that offers genuinely FSD-only features, and if so (and they're not horrible) pay the 3k when my car is ready to be picked up (assuming Sept-Nov is at all an accurate estimate). It's a software push, so no need to involve the factory ordering system at all.
I was thinking the same thing.