Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will emergency braking system prevent the car from

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will the Tesla emergency braking prevent the car from running into the wall if I accidentally press the accelerator while in drive. My friend Lexus doesn't even move when his wife did exactly this. She hit the gas pedal and the car was in drive instead of reverse. I just don't want to test it myself.

I sort of tested something like this in R with my garage door closed - went slowly but got no proximity nor braking. I was less than 2 feet from the door while moving slowly closer - acted like it didn't even see the door (unlike warnings for curbs, etc)

There's an option in the center screen called obstacle aware acceleration. If that's selected, it will limit acceleration when the car sees something in front. I've only had it trigger on pavement lines, so I don't know whether a real object would stop the car completely or if the car would hit it lightly.

Probably not...there was a post on here from a guy that ran into a wall in a parking garage. As others have noted it would not be the AEB feature that would help you as that does not operate below 7mph. Obstacle aware acceleration could possibly help, but I've seen a few posts about hitting garage wall or garage door in addition to the parking garage one noted.