Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will EU entry bring more investors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My story is that I test drove a Model S and then invested.

What impact will it have on TSLA stock as Tesla makes inroads in Europe? I imagine it'll bring a new wave of longs into the stock yet there are only so many shares to go around.

Unlike with Tesla where excess demand translates to backlog and increased production, with the stock market the price goes up when there's a shortage. And the more investors such as myself who make it a long term holding, the greater the shortage.

Thoughts?

My story is that I test drove a Model S and then invested.

What impact will it have on TSLA stock as Tesla makes inroads in Europe? I imagine it'll bring a new wave of longs into the stock yet there are only so many shares to go around.

Unlike with Tesla where excess demand translates to backlog and increased production, with the stock market the price goes up when there's a shortage. And the more investors such as myself who make it a long term holding, the greater the shortage.

Thoughts?

+100

this has been one of my main hypothesis all along. There are some wealthy people buying these cars as well...I wouldn't be surprised if some of the institutional owners are a result of the portfolio managers for these firms buying this car then putting together some models where they can justify buying this for their Fund's growth stock portfolio.
I really believe this will pump the stock price up much higher as we roll out deliveries through Europe and Asia.

it doesn't mean the stock is over valued, I think it just means that if you want to make money you have to be willing to bet on it (go long) years before they grow into the valuation...like GOOG was, or AMZN, LNKD, and NFLX now for example.

Remember, though, that for sustainability a stock price has to track the expected earnings of the company. If 1,000,000 Europeans blindly buy lots of Tesla Motors stock, we will end up with a bubble. This is also something we should keep an eye on.

Action in Frankfurt

TL0:Frankfurt Stock Quote - Tesla Motors Inc - Bloomberg

What if we monitor volume on the Frankfurt exchange?

Good morning!

This link

Tesla Motors Inc. | Aktie | A1CX3T | US88160R1014 | Brse Frankfurt

gets you data from 3 am EST to 11.30 am EST.

That link
Tesla Motors Inc. | Aktie | A1CX3T | US88160R1014 | Brse Frankfurt

gets you as well data from 2 am EST to 2 pm EST.

Both places are in Frankfurt, on good news (ATH or after the action outside their trading hours) they tend to get up
( one time they reached 133 euros) until 8 am EST.
But as soon as the action takes place at NASDAQ, they pretty much follow the price at NASDAQ.

It will happen from time to time, that you have to push the "ich stimme zu" button on the bottom of the page.

have fun

Last edited:
Good Idea:

This is the 1 year chart

rtType=1&time=10000&height=500&width=870&symbol=A1CX3T&exchangeId=2&volumeUnit=1&gridGlobalOff=0.png

Remember, though, that for sustainability a stock price has to track the expected earnings of the company. If 1,000,000 Europeans blindly buy lots of Tesla Motors stock, we will end up with a bubble. This is also something we should keep an eye on.

We certainly don't want bubble, though having more investors with greater conviction and confidence in Tesla after having driven the car will mean an increased multiple on the fundamentals, and that's good for investors (higher stock price as Telsa executes and grows top and bottom line) and good for Tesla (greater flexibility to raise funding or make stock-based acquisitions without much dilution).

Quite frankly, that's a bit of a concern for me right now: I would love to buy more stock and I get the whole "growth" vs. "valuation" debate. But scale is a true challenge for car makers especially with the constraints on the battery side.

So I see significant risk of a bubble in current levels of stock prices and while I don't like the bubble itself I hate the burst of a bubble even more. I think a good long period or sidewards movements wouldn't harm to make sure that we get the growth speculation folks out, give Tesla time to catch up with TSLA. I'm always concerned if the stock of a company is more in the news than the actual product. I know that for now Tesla is in the news a lot for the Model S but there is too much chatter about the actual stock for my taste.