Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will EU Super Charger surpass the US briefly ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But that is apples to oranges, the US is a country and Europe is a continent.

The only fair comparison is North America to Europe!

I agree it is fair but the question was US. Once we pass that - which should be a few days - we can start being fair !! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

So far this year EU is double the completion rate of NA

NA all year .26 per day
NA past 6 mo .26 per day

EU past 6 mo .53 per day
All year not enough stats

What I actually meant was: "North America will stay ahead of the Europe, certainly in the current decade."

@ Kevin Harney

The title of this thread is: "Will EU Super Charger surpass the US briefly?"

That's a false start actually, because you are comparing a group of countries from one continent on the one hand with just one country from a different continent on the other hand.

You see, there is a difference between the EU and Europe, not all European countries are in the EU. The EU is just a part of Europe. For example, Switzerland is in the heart of the EU and surrounded by EU countries, but Switzerland is not a part of the EU. And neither is Norway. If you want to stick to the EU, then you should exclude the current live Supercharger stations in Switzerland (6) and Norway (18). That's minus 24 from the current total of 113 in Europe.

So, do you actually want to stick to comparing the EU with the US, or would you prefer to compare two whole continents (North America and Europe)?

By the way, here is the list of the current EU countries (year of entry in the EU): België (1952)
Bulgarije (2007)
Cyprus (2004)
Denemarken (1973)
Duitsland (1952)
Estland (2004)
Finland (1995)
Frankrijk (1952)
Griekenland (1981)
Hongarije (2004)
Ierland (1973)
Italië (1952)
Kroatië (2013)
Letland (2004)
Litouwen (2004)
Luxemburg (1952)
Malta (2004)
Nederland (1952)
Oostenrijk (1995)
Polen (2004)
Portugal (1986)
Roemenië (2007)
Slovenië (2004)
Slowakije (2004)
Spanje (1986)
Tsjechië (2004)
Verenigd Koninkrijk (1973)
Zweden (1995)

All these nit picky details don't really matter to me. I am using the EU and US numbers from Supercharger.info. Once EU passes the US I am more than willing to extend the question to NA and re-evaluate.

The numbers shown on the charts-page on Supercharger.info are for besides North America and Asia, are also for the whole of Europe (including Norway and Switzerland), and not for only EU countries of Europe. Norway and Switzerland are not included in the EU.

What is so difficult to understand that?

The numbers shown on the charts-page on Supercharger.info are for besides North America and Asia, are also for the whole of Europe (including Norway and Switzerland), and not for only EU countries of Europe. Norway and Switzerland are not included in the EU.

What is so difficult to understand that?

I understand it just fine. But that is not what I asked originally. NA is fine but when I started the thread progress in Canada was non-existent. Why are you insisting that I change my original question ? I have said that once the US gets past that we should include Canada.

I understand it just fine. But that is not what I asked originally. NA is fine but when I started the thread progress in Canada was non-existent. Why are you insisting that I change my original question ? I have said that once the US gets past that we should include Canada.

Because your original qestion would not include Norway and Switerland (and they currently have 18 + 6 = 24 live Supercharger stations).

Norway and Switzerland both are in Europe, but both are not EU-member countries.