Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will EU Super Charger surpass the US briefly ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you !! Actually I WANT to be wrong. Thread is just about curiosity and possibility.

That's absolutely correct, because being wrong means that your continent (North America) will have more Supercharger stations than my continent (Europe). And that's exactly what should happen and what is going to happen. I knew that from the beginning of this thread. And that's because I think that Tesla Motors should first of all make sure that their "home base" (California, the US and then the rest of North America) is covered with Supercharger stations (instead of any other continent). It's very important that Tesla Motors has to do well in North America first (and I am sure that they will). It would look pretty bad if that wouldn't be the case. Then Tesla Motors would have to face more difficulties with their operations in the other continents. In the situation of Tesla Motors doing well in North America, they will have face less difficulties in the other continents. It will be easier to focus on the other continents while they are doing well in North America.

Chickensevil has been counting the maps of Europe as well:
2015: 231
2016: 284

That's absolutely correct, because being wrong means that your continent (North America) will have more Supercharger stations than my continent (Europe). And that's exactly what should happen and what is going to happen. I knew that from the beginning of this thread. And that's because I think that Tesla Motors should first of all make sure that their "home base" (California, the US and then the rest of North America) is covered with Supercharger stations (instead of any other continent). It's very important that Tesla Motors has to do well in North America first (and I am sure that they will). It would look pretty bad if that wouldn't be the case. Then Tesla Motors would have to face more difficulties with their operations in the other continents. In the situation of Tesla Motors doing well in North America, they will have face less difficulties in the other continents. It will be easier to focus on the other continents while they are doing well in North America.

Chickensevil has been counting the maps of Europe as well:
2015: 231
2016: 284

I posted this thread because it looked like and still does that TM seemed to be doing it backwards (probably because Europe was more open to change and easier to work with) and I thought it was strange that they could make such progress over there that it might surpass the US. And I still find it odd that it might happen.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that 20 years down the road Europe would have more than the US. Land mass dictates that eventually the US will have more.

I posted this thread because it looked like and still does that TM seemed to be doing it backwards (probably because Europe was more open to change and easier to work with) and I thought it was strange that they could make such progress over there that it might surpass the US. And I still find it odd that it might happen.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that 20 years down the road Europe would have more than the US. Land mass dictates that eventually the US will have more.

Yes, land mass is also a very important factor.

Yes, land mass is also a very important factor.

Thus the thread title. Will the EU surpass the US briefly?

- - - Updated - - -

See my first post

Looks like by the end of this year TM is shooting for 130-140 Superchargers in EU and there are only 200 for the US.

EU already has about 40 either done or under construction and we have had very few added here lately.

Permitting process over there must be MUCH easier. Will they pass us for a time ? That would be an interesting milestone.

Thoughts ?!?!?!!?

Thus the thread title. Will the EU surpass the US briefly?

- - - Updated - - -

See my first post

The difference between North America and Europe has shrunk in 2014 considerably. Suppose that (say in the first half of 2015) more new Supercharger stations will go live in Europe (at least 28 more) than in North America (for whatever reason), then Europe could indeed be in the lead. Although that will be for a short while, because North America will then catch up soon for the reasons we have mentioned/discussed above.

The difference between North America and Europe has shrunk in 2014 considerably. Suppose that (say in the first half of 2015) more new Supercharger stations will go live in Europe (at least 28 more) than in North America (for whatever reason), then Europe could indeed be in the lead. Although that will be for a short while, because North America will then catch up soon for the reasons we have mentioned/discussed above.

That is the premise for the entire thread.

I think its important to compare the number of SC stalls being added to North America vs Europe. A lot of SCs being added to Europe are temporary 2 stall chargers, while I'm unware of any of those in North America (just from memory, looking at pictures of SCs under construction, recently added, it's all 4-8 stalls for the new ones, and some have even more stalls).
It's likely that after all of those temp chargers are installed in Europe Tesla will spent quite some time upgrading some of those to permanent larger chargers (as demand grows, and those little ones get congested).