Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will exterior paint be offered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other threads have mentioned stuff like acid-etching primer in order to paint stainless steel. Certainly it is possible.

Personally though, I have to agree with Krash. There's going to be some bonkers wraps done on this. I'd quite like to see Dazzle Camo from the WW1 ships.

Reactions: 7ESLA
No. Part of the brilliance of this design that let’s Tesla make it for that little is no paint shop, no metal stamping. It’s stainless steel origami and much easier to manufacture while better performing.

Vinyl wraps would cover the demand for other colors/finishes. Like Lasairfion said, that will unleash a lot of creativity too.

Reactions: OConnorStP
Just a glimpse to how the Cybertruck may look like in different colours....

Cybertruck Colours.jpg

Other threads have mentioned stuff like acid-etching primer in order to paint stainless steel. Certainly it is possible.

Personally though, I have to agree with Krash. There's going to be some bonkers wraps done on this. I'd quite like to see Dazzle Camo from the WW1 ships.

Is this what you were kind of thinking about? Very bold, but it really fits the car well!
@7ESLA.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: FreqFlyer
No paint required, not no color available.

Steel can be made in several colors

Electrochemical and chemical finishes of stainless steel | Gasparini Industries shows you what colored steel looks like.

I'd assume there will be multiple color options from the factory when these things go into production.

AWESOME information! I love the bronze! It ACTUALLY has me considering it! I still wish that it wasn't so angular. Rounded, like the Husmen rendering, was revolutionary AND badass. Actually, the real product isn't THAT different. Just angular instead of teardrop-shaped.