Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will factory 20” Model 3 wheels fit on a a late 2016 Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone put factory Model 3 performance wheels on a Model S? I have a 2016 and looking to downsize from the factory 21” turbines.

Not in a plug&play way as @cmarshack mentioned, but you can with spacers and a adapter, like @m5james did on a Model X with 21 inch Uberturbines from a Model Y, as you can see here.

Make sure to check the load numbers and offset on the Model 3 wheels, just to make sure they can carry the weight and fit your Model S.

Not in a plug&play way as @cmarshack mentioned, but you can with spacers and a adapter, like @m5james did on a Model X with 21 inch Uberturbines from a Model Y, as you can see here.

Make sure to check the load numbers and offset on the Model 3 wheels, just to make sure they can carry the weight and fit your Model S.
Good info. I want to stay away from adapters but goood to see some brave souls doing some truly creative things.

Good info. I want to stay away from adapters but good to see some brave souls doing some truly creative things.
There's absolutely nothing wrong or brave about using spacers or adapters if installed properly. These are forged, hubcentric and torqued to spec so they're just as safe as bolting on wheels without them.

They're also likely safer than the "flow forged" (cast and then machined slightly) knockoff wheels that TSportline sells at a gross premium vs sticking with a stock/Tesla made wheel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Art VandeIay