Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will FSD Beta Single Stack Code make it to Cars with Enhanced Autopilot (EAP)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With FSD Beta v11 merging city and highway code into a single stack, is it anticipated to eventually be released to cars with enhanced autopilot and all cars with basic autopilot, but just feature locked (ie FSD visualizations and better highway lane change logic but no city driving)? I thought that was the goal; to reduce the need to upkeep multiple versions and improve basic highway logic. However, some people have mentioned it’s possible single stack code may not ever make it to EAP cars because EAP must be compatible on HW2.5, and FSD/single stack code may not support older hardware.

If single stack will be released to all compatible cars, when? With v11 FSD Beta just around the corner—a limited release this holiday (?) and the targeted wide release for end of year (maybe not v11 for the latter but we’ll see)—I’m curious as to whether EAP cars will get the updated code any chance before the production build pushes out, if ever.

Probably but likely to be up to a year or longer.
What do you think would happen to EAP cars with HW 2.5 ? Would they have legacy code while all HW 3.0 cars are updated to single stack (whenever that’s ready)?

And what about actual smart summon? Would that be release in production firmware and single stack simultaneous, or just to one program?

Just speculation, but I would be surprised if Tesla stops updating cars without HW3 as soon as the single stack FSD build is released. And if they continue updating HW2.x cars with different code, then it's not really single stack, even if all HW3 cars get the same code. I would hope they can make the same code work on both HW2.x and HW3 cars, even though the HW2.x cars would have less functionality.