Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will FSD version surpass 2022.16.x Software Branch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, so it seems that nobody can be upgraded to FSD from the .16.x software branch. If this remains true I am wondering when the FSD version number will surpass the .16 software branch. Can we expect this when FSD version 11 roles out (Likely later this summer with NOA being removed in total). Or will the normal FSD version updates change the situation in a more timely fashion. If anyone has any insight and is more knowledgeable than myself, please share your information! Also, is there a way to decline a software update (Ex. I was on 12.x and didn't want the 16.x update).
Thanks so much,
Sasha

Terminology used is confusing, but I think you mean production software version .16.x cars getting into FSD beta (which is currently on .12.x)?

Production software .20.5 recently started rolling out to non-FSD beta cars.

There’s no such thing as “normal FSD version”.

I’m not sure if you’re asking about getting into FSD beta program, but if so Tesla has historically chosen whom and when they will let cars in. As long as you qualify (jump through the hoops), they might let you in on the next batch of cars, but there’s no guarantee. It’s a limited early access program to help test and develop FSD (which doesn’t exist yet).

I’m not sure what you mean by NoAP “being removed in total”?

Yes, you can avoid upgrading by not initiating a software update (just keep cancelling when it prompts), but that’s generally not suggested since updates often have multiple changes/fixes and not just the one you’re trying to avoid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think @SashaZach is wondering which production branch will the next FSD be based on. Like the current FSDb 10.12.x version is based on 2022.12 branch. They are wondering if the 10.13.x version will be based on the 2022.16.x or the 2022.20.x branch.

And also I think by "NOA... being removed in total" they mean the alluded to "single stack" when the FSDb goes to 11.x.

In any case, no one knows.

• Helpful
Reactions: TresLA
Upvote 0