Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Gas Stations ever offer EV Charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seem to spend a lot of money on drinks and snacks at my local gas station. I often wonder if it would be viable for these stations to offer a few car spaces for EV charging. I bet you the patrons charging up their EVs are likely to also spend money in the store while waiting.

I clicked on this thread intending to write that it seemed unlikely that gas station would offer EV charging due to the space needed. I'm really glad to see that my first idea was wrong, and that gas stations are indeed starting to offer charging. It seems unlikely to me that Tesla would ever install superchargers on the secondary roads I take when I go up to Canada for hiking, so I imagined I'd never be able to drive electric on those trips. This thread leaves me hopeful that perhaps gas stations on my routes will one day offer fast charging. (Slow charging would not get me to switch from the stinker to the EV for those trips. They already take six hours. I'd happily stop for a half an hour, rest, visit the facilities, eat a sandwich; but I would not be willing to turn a six-hour trip into a ten-hour trip by using RV-level charging.)

Yes, there are others. . . West Wendover NV is right at a Chevron station. If you think about it, parking spaces do not take up much room. Like was said above, the gas station/convenience store could sell the juice at cost plus a couple of cents. The trick would be to have fast charging and turn the spaces over within 30-45 minutes.