Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

will Giga Texas start production of model X this year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as my knowledge goes, based on volume of production, MX manufacturing will most likely stay in Fremont at least for the near foreseeable future. Setting up a new production line is very expensive and takes time as well as re-shuffling supply chain priorities and no company will do it unless the volumes justify the costs involved.

Last edited:
As far as my knowledge goes, based on volume of production, MX manufacturing will most likely stay in Fremont at least for the near foreseeable future. Setting up a new production line is very expensive and takes time as well as re-shuffling supply chain priorities and no company will do it unless the volumes justify the costs involved.
Also the Model X is a very low volume product as compared to the grand scheme, and difficult to produce. I could easily believe that in the case of the X (and S), building all of them in one location is probably better than spreading the pain.

I imagine the X and S will stay in Fremont. The lines are already there, and with lots of the Y production in the US moving to Austin they will not have to move people around lines as much in Fremont.

Reactions: coolmanfever