TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Will I Fit?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Ammjr, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Ammjr

Ammjr New Member

I am very interested in the Model S However, I am quite tall (6' 7") and am concerned that the car is too small. Has anyone of similar hight sat in the Model S or have any info on this issue? Thanks

2. Tdave

Tdave Member

The current prototypes are not a good indicator of passenger room, because the final chassis has not been built yet. The floor will be lower and the cabin wider, at least. My guess is that you will fit. I'm 6'2" and fit in the Roadster just fine. I was very pleased. I fit in the Roadster better than I fit in the '93 RX-7 I owned.

3. graham

graham Active Member

I am 6'4", and both the Model S (in the front) and the Roadster work for me. But as Tdave says, the current prototype interior is not indicative of what the real product will be. I would not be surprised if we are a year away from knowing for sure.

4. roblab

roblab Active Member

I am 6'5". One of my prime concerns, as I *do not fit* into the roadster, neither head nor size 15 feet. At the Menlo Park Test Drive, I asked one of the company drivers how tall he was. He answered "6-6". With plenty of room.

I would hope with lower floor that the new iteration of the S will be as roomy.

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Word of advice for tall people when taking a Roadster on the track:
    Remove the top beforehand because wearing a helmet adds another inch or so of height to your head which could cause you to not fit as well as before.

6. Kardax

Kardax Member

I'm 5'5; I'd probably look like a child behind the wheel of a Model S :|

-Ryan