Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will I Fit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ammjr

Jul 21, 2009
I am very interested in the Model S However, I am quite tall (6' 7") and am concerned that the car is too small. Has anyone of similar hight sat in the Model S or have any info on this issue? Thanks

The current prototypes are not a good indicator of passenger room, because the final chassis has not been built yet. The floor will be lower and the cabin wider, at least. My guess is that you will fit. I'm 6'2" and fit in the Roadster just fine. I was very pleased. I fit in the Roadster better than I fit in the '93 RX-7 I owned.

I am 6'4", and both the Model S (in the front) and the Roadster work for me. But as Tdave says, the current prototype interior is not indicative of what the real product will be. I would not be surprised if we are a year away from knowing for sure.

I am 6'5". One of my prime concerns, as I *do not fit* into the roadster, neither head nor size 15 feet. At the Menlo Park Test Drive, I asked one of the company drivers how tall he was. He answered "6-6". With plenty of room.

I would hope with lower floor that the new iteration of the S will be as roomy.

Word of advice for tall people when taking a Roadster on the track:
Remove the top beforehand because wearing a helmet adds another inch or so of height to your head which could cause you to not fit as well as before.