Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will I get FSD with MCU1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sorry, just seeing this but yes as I understand it we have to upgrade to mcu2 then I think we have to wait for a email for the camera upgrade. I have a hdmi input so I really don’t care much about the infotainment but the fast boot up, responsiveness, updates and unlocking my fsd has really got me on the border of upgrading to mcu2. Beta still needs a few more improvements so I figure the end of this year if mcu 1 doesn’t drive me crazy first. Had the Emmc changed and it still freezes and reboot. Rear cam blacks out sometimes as well.
We shouldn't HAVE to upgrade to MCU2 to get FSD but that's what Elon is hoping everyone does. Less he has to pay later when he finally admits they can't do FSD on MCU1

Mcu1 handles the visualization just fine. And we already have hw3 cpu. Hw3 is doing all the work so it can work. Just actually had this discussion and that’s how it was explained to me. But I hear reverse summon is coming but I don’t know if mcu1 will get it. Could be a game changer for me. Might really force my hand on mcu2 if my car can go find a space and park itself

Mcu1 handles the visualization just fine. And we already have hw3 cpu. Hw3 is doing all the work so it can work. Just actually had this discussion and that’s how it was explained to me. But I hear reverse summon is coming but I don’t know if mcu1 will get it. Could be a game changer for me. Might really force my hand on mcu2 if my car can go find a space and park itself
MCU1 can barely do a GPS route these days. I'd be willing to bet a nickel that MCU1 will never see FSD. Most hackers are saying the same thing. Of course Tesla will tell you it will work, in hopes that we don't keep bothering them for a free MCU2.

Finding a space and parking itself was an advertised feature of the original FSD. 2016-2019

If it needs MCU2 to find a parking spot, then MCU1 FSD owners should get a free upgrade.

No argument from me on that one. For 10k and to have faith and support a system that hasn’t even come out yet. Then after years it comes out and they give it to the latest customers after they used the money we gave them to build it. Can’t help but say it feels like a slap in the face.