Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will i get the $3,750?

Will my SR+ gsm, 19 wheels be delivered b4 July 1?

• yes

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • no

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
June is going to be like December, with Tesla rushing to get every car they can out and a focus on the U.S. because of the credit expiring.

The Elon email from a week or two ago seems to show the 3 production line is stable and ramping yet further.

The service center will probably be a mad house late in the month, but I'd bet on you getting the car in time - and probably even folks who order next week getting them, too.

Great concept, but the reality is that you can't get useful delivery information from Tesla until a couple of days before delivery.
Sure, but the other reality is that people here have no clue what the state of any particular order is. What answer is anyone expecting to get here that would be helpful? One person might get their car 2 days after ordering, and another might wait 6 weeks. Nobody here can make any sort of statement or guarantee. Sorry to say the "mostly useless" answer from Tesla is still better than the "completely useless" answer from random people on a forum.

Sure, but the other reality is that people here have no clue what the state of any particular order is. What answer is anyone expecting to get here that would be helpful? One person might get their car 2 days after ordering, and another might wait 6 weeks. Nobody here can make any sort of statement or guarantee. Sorry to say the "mostly useless" answer from Tesla is still better than the "completely useless" answer from random people on a forum.

Tesla build cars in batches and then ship them in batches to Delivery Centers. presumably based on order backlog and what they expect imminent orders to be.
If you coincidentally order a configuration for a batch already on its way to a Delivery Center, you'll experience a very quick delivery. Otherwise you might have to wait a few weeks, maybe even longer.

Oh, and all you'll get from Tesla is generic estimates until very shortly before the car is available for delivery.

The OP was asking a question from people experienced with the ways of Tesla, and the consistent advice , from our mutual experience, is Tesla will move mountains to ensure everyone in the USA who orders now will get delivery before the end of June and therefore have access to the $3,750 tax credit.

If you dont have $3750 in liability and arent in some weird tax situation, you really shouldn't be getting a Tesla new anyways. That's like what, 40k a year as a single filer?
Yeah more or less. I was even shocked by the number of people who "missed out" on the full 7500 because they didn't understand how the credit worked and didn't bother to talk to an accountant.

I thin I read a twitter from EM who gave warranty that if a car was not delivered before the 31st of December,
then Tesla will paid the $7,00 back. So unless this is a mention of a cut off date, there might be a similar deal?

However since you ordered June 1rst, and live in California, I don't see any issue, especially since you didn't ordered white interior.

Just by curiosity, what is the meaning of 'gsm' (in the title) or 'gsg' (in OP tread content)?

I thin I read a twitter from EM who gave warranty that if a car was not delivered before the 31st of December,
then Tesla will paid the $7,00 back. So unless this is a mention of a cut off date, there might be a similar deal?

However since you ordered June 1rst, and live in California, I don't see any issue, especially since you didn't ordered white interior.

Just by curiosity, what is the meaning of 'gsm' (in the title) or 'gsg' (in OP tread content)?

Even people who took delivery in January still got $3750, but with that adjustment, yes Tesla committed to offsetting the difference in tax credit if you ordered by a certain day (which kept shifting later into December) but where Tesla couldn't delivery it before the end of December,

I wouldn't be totally surprised to see a similar offer pop-up as we get close to the end of June, but also might be little shocked as Tesla shouldn't want to try to shift too many USA sales from July to June, to avoid a delivery drop-off in July.