Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will I lose free premium connectivity if I edit my order now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been lots of threads and speculation about it. I'd recommend just calling Tesla and asking them if you can change it and what would happen. It's possible that if you do it online, you'll have the date changed, but if you do it with them over the phone (or perhaps a showroom can do it?) they can fix stuff up to make sure your original order date remains unchanged.

Ordered 5/29 and just changed my color this morning...got a new email with my changes and the Oder was changed to 7/2....so I called asking them that question and they said no. I will still get the free premium connectivity because the original order was placed before 7/1
Thanks for providing an answer to this question. Of course ultimately we are all fired up about spending $8/month after purchasing $60,000 cars... though my config edit cost me a lot simply because I changed from AWD to P model. I still don't know why I did it!

Had the very same question after I changed my order (for AWD) after initial order on 6/1/18! I hope you are right in that they take the original date and not the "modified" date. The more worrisome side effect was that "will call you soon" was replaced by delivery date "Oct-Dec" and hope it shows up sooner.

Thanks for providing an answer to this question. Of course ultimately we are all fired up about spending $8/month after purchasing $60,000 cars... though my config edit cost me a lot simply because I changed from AWD to P model. I still don't know why I did it!

I was tempted to do that myself just to get the car earlier, but opted to pass because I didn’t want to pay Performance model insurance, which I presume will have a healthy premium added to it over the AWD model.

I was tempted to do that myself just to get the car earlier, but opted to pass because I didn’t want to pay Performance model insurance, which I presume will have a healthy premium added to it over the AWD model.

Some insurance companies have a premium and some don’t for the P models. I’m wondering if the Model 3 collision premiums overall will be disproportionately better than the reduced cost of the car since it has more steel outside panels compared with the S. Some are still aluminum but not all.

I ordered on 6/27 and am now thinking I want to switch colors from midnight to silver. Does anyone know if I'll lose the free premium connectivity if I do that?
Same timing and debating on switching from midnight to blue but didn’t want to risk losing the connectivity benefit.

I was hoping it had to do with the time you handed Tesla the $2,500 and made your overall $3,500 non refundable but do appreciate the clarification.

To circle back on this. I finally got around to calling and waiting for an hour to verify that if you placed your initial order before July 1st, they will still honor the free premium connectivity, but anytime you edit you basically get put back into the end of the line in terms of when you get your Vin.

Reactions: ord3r