Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will I miss my HUD ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a HUD in my Mazda 6 and it was great, really useful. I guess I've got used to the M3. The clear view forward is good, but it does come at a cost. I don't mind flicking my eyes to the left to check the screen, but it's not the same as the info being in front of your eyes.

My wife has a CX-5 and when I drive that, it's nice to have the HUD again.

I looked at a few of the add-on HUD options, but haven't purchased any.

I have a BMW with HUD and can not use it with my sunglasses (1st world problem....).. Getting the M3 before Christmas, will see if I miss it..

That's interesting. I wear glasses with photochromic lenses, that go pretty dark in bright sunshine, yet I never noticed any change in the way the HUD appeared. I know that the HUD units used in aircraft are also OK with a dark visor down, too. I wonder if that's something specific with the way BMW implement it?

That's interesting. I wear glasses with photochromic lenses, that go pretty dark in bright sunshine, yet I never noticed any change in the way the HUD appeared. I know that the HUD units used in aircraft are also OK with a dark visor down, too. I wonder if that's something specific with the way BMW implement it?

It’s polarised sunglasses that interfere with the HUD. Nothing to do with the degree of tint.

• Informative
Reactions: Glan gluaisne