Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will I not get the incentive for model 3 in BC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The CEV is usually renewed if there are still funds left in the past programs. Wondering if we can keep a Model 3 price under $77K to qualify for any incentive with the low loonie. A base price of $35K USD is about $47K Cdn, but add in a bigger battery, dual motors, autopilot, leather, premium paint, and other options and you'll top the $77K threshold.

You can always recycle your old vehicle for up to $5K incentive for that program.

Last edited:
[...] You can always recycle your old vehicle for up to $5K incentive for that program.
if you mean the BC Scrap-It program incentive, that's now up to $6000 from Scrap-It + $250 off from the dealer if you scrap your old car and buy a new EV (separate from the CEV incentive). But beware, the program only applies if you purchase an approved EV on their list, AND purchase from a "participating dealership". Also, the current program ends Dec 2017 and has a limit of total # of incentives given, but perhaps like the CEV it will be renewed again for 2018. However note that Scrap-It isn't a government program, it's a separate non-profit society program so it's unclear if they'll have more funding in time for Model 3. Incentive Choices – The BC SCRAP-IT Program

At the moment Tesla isn't listed as a participating dealership, and like with the CEV the Model S or X don't qualify, and the Model 3 isn't out so it isn't (yet) on the Scrap-It list of qualifying vehicles. On the Scrap-It FAQ page they basically they say if a Tesla comes out that's under $77k MSRP it will be added to their list of approved vehicles (though you won't get the additional $250 from the "dealer")

If you qualify for both the CEV and Scrap-It incentives, it's a pretty attractive deal.
when the time comes you should check the program details, if it's still around, just fyi.

I don't expect to have my car before late summer 2018 and I waited in line to reserve. So, don't count on any rebates. If you get something/anything, just be grateful and consider it found money.