Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will it buff out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rear ended at a stoplight, looks like the storage bin is crumped in. Bumper and trunk are pretty messed up, but the seatbelts didnt lock and I was able to drive it off the road.
2018 LR RWD, am i looking at it being totaled?

Attachments

• MpX83yh.jpeg
    MpX83yh.jpeg
    656.3 KB · Views: 290
I just had a rear end collision on my SR+. Only rear bumper was damaged though. Replaced bumper cover, crash bar, fascia piece underneath, and 1 ultrasonic sensor. Total $2K in damage. Was out of my car only 13 days. I was expecting longer based on what I had heard about lead time on replacement Tesla parts.

You will have all of the same damages in addition to the trunk lid and underfloor trunk well so not sure how much that adds. Going to ballpark $5 - 6K to repair?

• Informative
Reactions: Matsayz
I just had a rear end collision on my SR+. Only rear bumper was damaged though. Replaced bumper cover, crash bar, fascia piece underneath, and 1 ultrasonic sensor. Total $2K in damage. Was out of my car only 13 days. I was expecting longer based on what I had heard about lead time on replacement Tesla parts.

You will have all of the same damages in addition to the trunk lid and underfloor trunk well so not sure how much that adds. Going to ballpark $5 - 6K to repair?
It’s at a body shop now, for sure 2 sensors I saw popped out. Not sure how much the underfloor trunk costs but looking under it it looked crunched in half.

Probably either pushed out or pulled in the rear quarter panels.

why is insurance so expensive? Everyone demands (not surprising) a perfect repair. That cuts out all the bent metal and welds in new pieces. If you wreck your own car and ask a body shop to fix it without insurance you can get a much lower price (and yes, perhaps not as good of a repair).

Reactions: aperrotta