Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will it fit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
20 feet would be 240 inches of garage space so it would be close and don’t think you’d have to worry about anything damaging the body of the CT at least if it hit something in the garage :p. Most neighbors I see with pickups in our residential neighborhood park theirs either in the driveway if long enough to clear the street sidewalk or on the street and move it daily so it doesn’t get ticketed.

This was a prototype at the reveal so until it’s ready for production hard to say what the final dimensions will be. If you put in a reservation you’ll have time to find out before you order or have to pass but at least secure yourself a place in line if do end up ordering.

If you looked at The Drive’s comparison info, only the Rivian’s pickup was shorter than Tesla’s Cybertruck in length, but then it has a 4.5-foot bed whereas the rest were 6.5 feet.

Last edited:
And if you have your heart set on a Tesla Cybertruck it sounds like from an Elon tweet he’d consider a shorter truck at some point. Your reservation would probably carry over in that case. Personally as I see this appealing to a lot of families for daily drivers and weekend camping, sports get-aways, designing one that would more easily fit in standard garages might be a smart decision.

Measured my garage and 232 inches would be very tight fit the garage sensors are on the way, so about 3 inches short. Too bad, wife really wanted it but since we can’t fit maybe I can get her to consider Model Y. Would be cool indeed if a shorter version gets released as Elon said then maybe. Congrats to those that wanted it and have big enough garages.

Reactions: QUBO
20 feet would be 240 inches of garage space so it would be close and don’t think you’d have to worry about anything damaging the body of the CT at least if it hit something in the garage :p. Most neighbors I see with pickups in our residential neighborhood park theirs either in the driveway if long enough to clear the street sidewalk or on the street and move it daily so it doesn’t get ticketed.

Well no, that is an outside measurement. Like a 65” class TV or a 2TB hard drive that is really 1850GB they should list the usable space but they lie so it sounds bigger. Anyway…

The garage door also encroaches into the usable space. Took a tape measure to it this morning and it’s 230.5” and that is with unfinished walls. :(

I have a first day/minute deposit down on both but the Rivian (215.5”) will be here a year-ish sooner and will fit. What to do, what to do?

March-06.jpg Hmmmm....

Last edited:
My garage is 239 inches so I have 7 inches to play with. I would not want to accidentally hit the cinder block wall. That would be expensive damage. At the end of the day, I would probably park it at an angle. Too much can go expensively wrong......
I wish there was a shorter option now.

Reactions: QUBO
My RAM is 229 inches long and it has a tight fit inside the garage. Another 3 to 4 inches longer, and it would be a no-go to park inside.

Elon, please consider to not make the Cybertruck too long to park inside most of the garages (for charging overnight) or parking spaces. It would open up the sales to more buyers.

udlR1Cu.jpg
nice ride, I looked at a loaded limited last week but stuck with the F150

What’s the dimensions of your garage?

My RAM is 229 inches long and it has a tight fit inside the garage. Another 3 to 4 inches longer, and it would be a no-go to park inside.

Elon, please consider to not make the Cybertruck too long to park inside most of the garages (for charging overnight) or parking spaces. It would open up the sales to more buyers.

udlR1Cu.jpg