Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will it hold my garbage cans? (I miss Wagons and SUVs, not liking CUVs.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
stores that sell the black bags usually sell clear bags, maybe things are different in the great white north

Seeing a black garbage bag triggered me to post an interesting FACT, that we (my neighbours and I) cannot just buy black garbage bags in stores in my municipality, they are not offered for sale, people can't use them.

You must put garbage in a clear bag. No black, dark, tinted, coloured, or white bags are accepted.

I thought it was interesting to post. You thought I was doing what with your down vote? LOL

What I find amazing is that nobody has offered the simplest fix for the trash can issue, behold this miracle product
View attachment 658872

I took my first trip to the dump this week with my new MY. The solution I somewhat reluctantly went with was to wash out my big garage trash cans thoroughly, line them with these bags from Amazon https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JVPJ634/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 currently costing $0.74 per bag, then put the bags from the house inside. Effectively I am double bagging my trash before putting it on top of my 3D MAXpider cargo and rear seat back covers.

On the happy side, my longest drive so far was with my WW kayak inside the MY. The kayak was too long to fit inside my taller but not as long Honda CRV.

Would your cans fit with the seats folded down? I imagine you won’t be hauling passengers while transporting trash.

Personally if it were me I’d go with the outside trailer option. But we all have our priorities.

Reactions: tm1v2
I was reminded yesterday of the Leyland P76, a large sedan built for Australia. A friend's father just bought one to fix up. Had the biggest boot (trunk) of any car around.
external-content.duckduckgo.jpg