Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Jan 2022 deliveries be 2022 models?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the credits are non-refundable tax credits, as opposed to refundable tax credits. That means that the credits can only be applied to the taxes you owe in a given year, and if you received more in credits than you owe in taxes, you will not receive the difference in the form of a check. So if you get back every year and not owe you receive $0.00 tax credit. Also Tesla does not qualify for tax credits because the car has to be under $50,000 to qualify.
It’s $69k for SUVs so just don’t pay for FSD before delivery. I pay quarterly tax estimates so would get full refund. I suspect many Tesla buyers are in a similar situation of owing taxes.

My understanding of the current bill is you still wont get the credit due to the car price cap is $50,000. All teslas are over that cap so no tax credit.
Please increase your understanding of the two current proposals. I have added a link with an easy to view graphic detailing the highlights, like price cut-offs.

Please increase your understanding of the two current proposals. I have added a link with an easy to view graphic detailing the highlights, like price cut-offs.

Those haven't passed so therefore we cant count on them. The only action on this bill was read twice in April and nothing else. There is no way it will pass in 2021. That's why I said "My understanding of the current bill".

The model Y is an SUV. It has a higher cut-off price than a sedan. It would qualify in many configurations.

13th line down -
All new Tesla modelsNo longer eligible for federal EV tax credits

13th line down -
All new Tesla modelsNo longer eligible for federal EV tax credits
I can’t tell if you are trolling. You need to stop peddling bad or old information, or trying to muddy the waters. Zero people are excited or talking about the ev tax credits currently on the books here, because they haven’t applied to Tesla for two years.

Tesla has already sold 200,000 vehicles, which according the the current EV tax credit makes all Tesla vehicles ineligible. It has nothing to do with a $50k price limit.

The two current proposals up for vote in congress remove the 200k vehicle limitation on manufacturers and establish new rules for phaseout. One is up for vote at the end of October, after several postponements. Most expect that some form of these two proposals will pass and be effective in 2022.

It is these new tax credit proposals that users on this forum are excited about and discussing, because it could mean tax advantaged purchases for their new Tesla vehicles in just a couple of months.

Last edited:
I can’t tell if you are trolling. You need to stop peddling bad or old information

Tesla has already sold 200,000 vehicles, which according the the current EV tax credit makes all Tesla vehicles ineligible.

The two current proposals up for vote in congress remove the 200k vehicle limitation on manufacturers and establish new rules for phaseout. One is up for vote at the end of October, after several postponements. Most expect that some form of these two proposals will pass and be effective in 2022.

It is these new tax credit proposals that users on this forum are excited and discussing, because it could mean tax advantaged purchases for their new Tesla vehicles in just a couple of months.
im not trolling - im trying to understand, I am new to the EV community, the article was posted by Edmonds on September 28th, 2021 ( how is that old) - when I ordered my Y model the salesman said Tesla doesnt qualify any longer. You are talking about proposals that are not in effect, haven't passed and probably wont anytime soon. The original poster was asking about receiving his Y in 2021 and the tax credits. The current state of tax credits are they are none, correct? So anyone receiving a Tesla in 2021 after they 200000 vehicles were delivers, which was 2021 Q1 doesnt get any credits, right?(how is that bad information) Im not trying to be nasty I just am trying to figure out what is the current state of actual credits, not what was proposed.

im not trolling - im trying to understand, I am new to the EV community, the article was posted by Edmonds on September 28th, 2021 ( how is that old) - when I ordered my Y model the salesman said Tesla doesnt qualify any longer. You are talking about proposals that are not in effect, haven't passed and probably wont anytime soon. The original poster was asking about receiving his Y in 2021 and the tax credits. The current state of tax credits are they are none, correct? So anyone receiving a Tesla in 2021 after they 200000 vehicles were delivers, which was 2021 Q1 doesnt get any credits, right?(how is that bad information) Im not trying to be nasty I just am trying to figure out what is the current state of actual credits, not what was proposed.
Currently there are no tax credits available at the federal level for Tesla vehicle purchases. Some states have ev credits still.

One of the two proposals would retroactively apply to purchases after May 24, 2021. The other would begin in 2022. These could always be amended to be different before being passed and signed.

Currently there are no tax credits available at the federal level for Tesla vehicle purchases. Some states have ev credits still.

One of the two proposals would retroactively apply to purchases after May 24, 2021. The other would begin in 2022. These could always be amended to be different before being passed and signed.
thank you so much for your explanation - I am sorry if I seemed nasty