Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Mobile Connector be in the car if I ordered it at the same time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the mobile connector at the same time as I ordered the car by checking the box at the bottom of the form in the ‘Charging’ area. I was charged $450 that day ($200 for the connector; $250 for the Model 3 Reservation). I assumed it would have shipped by now, especially since it is actually in-stock in the Tesla store currently. Or, will Tesla just have it in the car when I take delivery?

I ordered a model 3 and a Mobile Connector in June. At the time delivery on the mobile connector was indicated as about August. I expect it to arrive separately from the car.

I think the fact that people who ordered their cars earlier than I and were promised an included Mobile Connector are in some cases getting vouchers to order separately rather than actual device in the car suggests that supply is still somewhat short.

As I have a Wall Connector in a position from which the cable can get both to our model Y in service and to the model 3 in prospect, and already have a Mobile connector in the Y, I'm not personally much worried about the exact delivery date. It is entirely possible that August may prove to have been an "Elon Time" date.

I ordered the mobile connector at the same time as I ordered the car by checking the box at the bottom of the form in the ‘Charging’ area. I was charged $450 that day ($200 for the connector; $250 for the Model 3 Reservation). I assumed it would have shipped by now, especially since it is actually in-stock in the Tesla store currently. Or, will Tesla just have it in the car when I take delivery?
I ordered the mobile connector separately on 8/15/22 > shipped 8/18/22 > delivered 8/20/22

Reactions: TheRedOx
I ordered the mobile connector separately on 8/15/22 > shipped 8/18/22 > delivered 8/20/22
Yeah, I ordered the NEMA 14-30 adapter separately last week. It was out of stock for a while and once it was available I grabbed it right away. Shipped right out. I’m wondering if I should do the same with the mobile connector and just cancel my original order for it. It’s weird they wouldn’t fill orders that have already been placed for items; that’s why I thought maybe it will just be in the car ready for me since I ordered both together.

I ordered my Model 3 LR AWD back in May and ordered the charger at the same time. As all of you, it just sat there for the last several months until I finally got an email today that it shipped. My car is to be delivered between today (8/23) and 9/5. So maybe they are waiting until your car is closer to delivery before shipping out.

Reactions: TheRedOx
I ordered my Model 3 LR AWD back in May and ordered the charger at the same time. As all of you, it just sat there for the last several months until I finally got an email today that it shipped. My car is to be delivered between today (8/23) and 9/5. So maybe they are waiting until your car is closer to delivery before shipping out.
Seems like we are on a same boat. I’ve got an email that the connector I ordered back in May is shipped out today and EDD window is also exactly same as mine.

Seems like we are on a same boat. I’ve got an email that the connector I ordered back in May is shipped out today and EDD window is also exactly same as mine.
My EDD was pulled in by 40 days, SA apologized and said to contact the Tesla shop order email account to get the mobile charger that I ordered and paid for with the car. So far only an auto response acknowledging the email with an expected 5 day time to get a real response.

no tax charge for the connector?

My EDD was pulled in by 40 days, SA apologized and said to contact the Tesla shop order email account to get the mobile charger that I ordered and paid for with the car. So far only an auto response acknowledging the email with an expected 5 day time to get a real response.
Any reply from customer service? I'm a week out from delivery and ordered my mobile charger on 6/29 with no update.

Any reply from customer service? I'm a week out from delivery and ordered my mobile charger on 6/29 with no update.
I received a reply exactly 1 week later with the following:
As it turns out, the item in question is temporarily out of stock. Our expected replenishment is overdue, but the target date for shipping is in the next couple of weeks. The item will dispatch automatically when stock is replenished. You’ll receive an automated email upon dispatch with tracking information.
The Tesla Shop is showing the same mobile connector with two connectors in stock, or at least not out of stock, so I sent them another email the next day (8/31) asking why it hasn't shipped and I got the following on 9/1:
We are taking fresh orders, but we are still actively working our way through shipping the backlog. You will receive shipping notification when the item is shipped, but to be honest we do not have an exact timeframe to share with you on when that will be. The item will dispatch automatically when stock is replenished. You’ll receive an automated email upon dispatch with tracking information.
I think I could get the connector shipped to me overnight if I placed a new order, but I'm not sure how to cancel my original order.

I received a reply exactly 1 week later with the following:

The Tesla Shop is showing the same mobile connector with two connectors in stock, or at least not out of stock, so I sent them another email the next day (8/31) asking why it hasn't shipped and I got the following on 9/1:

I think I could get the connector shipped to me overnight if I placed a new order, but I'm not sure how to cancel my original order.
Thanks. I placed another order just to try. You can cancel your orders under your account on the Tesla website / order history.