Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Model 3 Performance springs and struts fit SR+

NIGHTRYDER

Mar 15, 2021
OAHU
Hello everyone,

I am a new member here but all of your threads have helped me answer all of my questions in the past. Thanks for keeping the info flowing. I currently own a 2019 SR+, and I plan to give it to my wife and get myself a 2021 Performance. I have lowering springs on my 2019 SR+ eibach 1" front and 3/4" rear. Once the springs settled it is now just a bit lower than that now. I saw my SR+ (after lowering it) parked next to a performance model 3 and mine is just a bit lower than the performance. If I get a new performance model 3 will the performance stock suspension(struts and springs) fit my SR+? I plan on getting coilovers on my new performance model 3, and I want to raise my SR+ just a bit to give my wife a bit more ground clearance but SR+ stock height is way too high and I know that performance stock height is a bit lower than SR+ stock height . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fiehlsport

Jul 30, 2020
Binghamton, NY
Hi, and welcome to TMC.

Unfortunately, your Performance suspension parts will not swap over to the SR+. Spring rates are completely different.
He’s asking if the struts and springs will swap to an SR. Why wouldn’t it work? Everything should be a direct swap, the body and control arms should accept the parts.

TheDriveway

Local Vendor - NorCal
Feb 24, 2020
San Jose, CA
He’s asking if the struts and springs will swap to an SR. Why wouldn’t it work? Everything should be a direct swap, the body and control arms should accept the parts.
The Performance Model is AWD. The springs may fit, but it has different spring rates, and the front AWD/RWD struts are physically different.

Reactions: MODEL+

Olavxxx

Dec 31, 2018
PARADIS
Not sure if it will fit, but it would not be a perfect match anyways since shocks and springs are tuned for higher weight of the awd drivetrain.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC