Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Model X Plaid release finally fix shudder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is what I did. The wear is pretty even across the tire.L
My '21 XLR+ on 20's has 4100 miles on it and has been in Very Low almost its entire life. I only leave it in Low in bad weather or if I forget, because the lower suspension button is the first control I touch when I leave the hosue after the garage door opener (Tesla, if you're listening, please let us put a few widgets on the quick controls screen for things we want to use often, like the suspension height!)

I was expecting horrendous wear based on the forums, but so far, so good. Looks pretty even.

But all tires must die, so if they wear out faster, good, mission accomplished

I have definitely already experienced what people are describing as a "shudder" from the frontend, but it's only happened if I use the car in Standard or above, say, in deep snow, and then go back to low and give it the beans. I don't need or want the ride height to be higher (even in Very Low it has better approach/departure angle than my M3, for instance), that's sortof the opposite of my whole thang, but if I was buying this thing expecting it to do the same stuff with its air suspension that a Land Rover or Jeep product can do, I'd be PISSED to find out it means I'm going to listen to graunchy awfulness from the frontend when I use that capability

Last edited: