Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Model Y work for someone 4'8" tall?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do schedule a test drive if you can. I am 5'6" and was worried about the non-adjustable seatbelt on the I-pillar. Most every other car, at any price, has an adjustable sliding (higher to lower) seat belt mounting point there. Tesla does not. I have no idea why they don't care about that feature. The seatbelt height did work out for me OK, but YMMV.

The seats themselves do offer a lot of adjustability for height and distance. So does the steering wheel for height and tele. Then see if the accelerator and brake pedal work for her, and I think only a test drive will solve that. The acc. pedal requires firm pressure to moderate the balace between regen and moving forward. My wife has a problem with that (pedals), and we will try to work around that somehow.

Short of a test drive, maybe just sit in one at a Tesla location first?

Yes, but you have to be careful that the car doesn't pick up on her phone as key when you get in the car, or it will try to kill you by adjusting the seat and steering wheel for her settings :) My wife is 4'9" and doesn't need pedal extenders or extra seat cushion. She has pedal extenders and uses a seat cushion in her daily driver. As Bikeman said the seat belt shoulder harness is not in a good position, I hate having a seat belt rubbing my neck, so I use a belt minder device to make it not rub, this works for my wife as well.

Keith

Reactions: dflowerz
Do schedule a test drive if you can. I am 5'6" and was worried about the non-adjustable seatbelt on the I-pillar. Most every other car, at any price, has an adjustable sliding (higher to lower) seat belt mounting point there. Tesla does not. I have no idea why they don't care about that feature. The seatbelt height did work out for me OK, but YMMV.

The seats themselves do offer a lot of adjustability for height and distance. So does the steering wheel for height and tele. Then see if the accelerator and brake pedal work for her, and I think only a test drive will solve that. The acc. pedal requires firm pressure to moderate the balace between regen and moving forward. My wife has a problem with that (pedals), and we will try to work around that somehow.

?? The 2022 Model Y does have a seatbelt height adjuster on the B pillar mounting point. You push the button and it slides up/down. It probably doesn’t go low enough for someone very small though.

This and your SA are incorrect. The lowest adjustment point still isn't very low though.

1651067432824.png

To the OP - what is your wife driving now and how tall are you? My concern is that even if she can reach the pedals she wold be dangerously close to the steering wheel and at risk for injury either from hitting it directly or from close proximity airbag deployment in an accident. Are pedal extenders an option for her?

My wife is 5’1 and finds our MY very comfortable, but she’s still 5” taller than your wife so that won’t tell you much. Ultimately physically sitting in the car and driving it is the only way to tell.