Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will my 19" Breyton Race GTS wheels work on Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just about to finalize a Model S order. I currently have a 2009 BMW M3, and I have a set of nice wheels and tires for winter that I'm hoping I can use on the Model S. I plan to get my Model S with the 21" wheels, but for winter I'm OK with 19" wheels. On the M3 these were configured as staggered wheels, but I'm not sure if this works on the Model S. The parlance and specs of wheels and tires is beyond me.

Here is what I have:

Fronts: 19x8.5 Black Painted Breyton Race GTS with 235/35R19 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60
Rears: 19x9.5 Black Painted Breyton Race GTS with 255/35R19 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60

I think these are 5x120 bolt patterns.

Can I use these on the Model S? Do I need spacers? I needed spacers for the rears on the M3.

The bolt pattern is the same for both BMW and Tesla (5x120) so you're ok there.

One of the key specs you should have is the offset of these wheels. That will help in knowing if they will fit. I would guess they are +35 which will probably work.

235/35 has a fair bit smaller rolling diameter, so your spedometer is gong to read quite a bit high. I just ran the #'s through a tire calculator and it will be high by ~8% THis also means that your top speed etc. will be 8% slower as well.

Upon farther research you won't be able to use these tires, however the wheels might work. The load index on the 235/35 Bridgestone LM-60's is well below what the Tesla needs. Their load index appears to be 91 while the Tesla OEM tires are rated 96. (This is a carrying capacity difference of >200lbs per tire.)

I'm just about to finalize a Model S order. I currently have a 2009 BMW M3, and I have a set of nice wheels and tires for winter that I'm hoping I can use on the Model S. I plan to get my Model S with the 21" wheels, but for winter I'm OK with 19" wheels. On the M3 these were configured as staggered wheels, but I'm not sure if this works on the Model S. The parlance and specs of wheels and tires is beyond me.

Here is what I have:

Fronts: 19x8.5 Black Painted Breyton Race GTS with 235/35R19 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60
Rears: 19x9.5 Black Painted Breyton Race GTS with 255/35R19 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60

I think these are 5x120 bolt patterns.

Can I use these on the Model S? Do I need spacers? I needed spacers for the rears on the M3.

Ok here are the specs I got from Tire Rack. With this info can anyone tell me if these wheels will at least work on the Model S? If so, what tires? Do the recommended tires below work for he Model S?

Breton Race GTS wheels

Front
Size: 19x8.5
Offset: 30mm
Backspacing: 5.90"
Bolt Pattern: 5-120
Rec. Tire Size: 245/35-19
Weight: 28.7lbs.
Finish: Black Painted
Construction: 1 Pc.Cast
Finish Warranty: 1 Year
Manufactured in China