Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will my Model S ever recover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since the download of Version 2021.4.12 my Model S has experienced failure in center dash display, in the entertainment area, and now in the radio area. The Service Center advises future downloads will fix bugs. The same version did fine in the Model 3. I just have this nagging feeling that my car will never recover. The problems started several days after the download. Has anyone else experienced this?

In 2016 I was told that the radio cutting in and out at startup would be fixed by a software patch. Next I was told that voice control would be fixed by a software patch. Next i was told that USB music would be fixed by a software patch. Next I was told that the archaic BT phone support would be fixed by a software patch. Next I was told that Phantom braking would be fixed by a software patch. Next I was told that auto wipers would be fixed by a software patch. Next I was told that auto headlight would be fixed by a software patch. Next I was told that lane hunting would be fixed by a software patch......

No....
1617487150793.png

Ever since the download of Version 2021.4.12 my Model S has experienced failure in center dash display, in the entertainment area, and now in the radio area. The Service Center advises future downloads will fix bugs. The same version did fine in the Model 3. I just have this nagging feeling that my car will never recover. The problems started several days after the download. Has anyone else experienced this?
Let me guess...since you provided no details in your message or signature...

MCU1?

My Second MCU1 infact waiting for $2110 refund from the replacement cost from the subsequent NHTSA action which i will likely never see. Iwas told in no uncertain terms that My car could NOT get MCU2 (2016 September build,one of the first AP2 hardware cars)
Do you know if the replacement MCU1 included the 8GB or the 64GB eMMC chip?

That is most likely the problem.

May want to talk to another SvC. I have 6/2015 car and I can get MCU2. See the Tesla FAQ page

My Second MCU1 infact waiting for $2110 refund from the replacement cost from the subsequent NHTSA action which i will likely never see. Iwas told in no uncertain terms that My car could NOT get MCU2 (2016 September build,one of the first AP2 hardware cars)
Interesting. Last year I had an AP1 S85 loaner with upgrade to MCU2. Was it possibly mis-communication regarding MCU2 upgrade vs. HW3/FSD upgrade?

Interesting. Last year I had an AP1 S85 loaner with upgrade to MCU2. Was it possibly mis-communication regarding MCU2 upgrade vs. HW3/FSD upgrade?
NOPE, just said they checked the VIN and my vehicle was not eligible, its entirely likely that they just care SO LITTLE about after sale customer service that they just blew me off but there is really no recourse as the 20 year old Service "Manager" runs the show.

If I ever get my $2110 back that I paid for the out of warranty MCU1 Replacement I will revisit every single service center in the bay area and post again as to who said what regarding upgrade to MCU2

You will get the refund, as Tesla has stated in writing. I got my hard copy of the recall notice in the mail.

The warranty is now extended to 8 years on the MCU1 eMMC, plus if you purchased any part there is a warranty of one year for that too.

Did you look at the MCU2 upgrade table on the Tesla site?