Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will not charge with Level 2 charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it a home connector, a public charging station, or what level; 2 is not working? Have you tried another level 2 charger? What does it do when it tries to connect? What are the port lights? What are the connector lights?

I've tried several Level 2 charging. At charging station it will give error no power from charger and try different charger. I've tried five different Level 2 with same error. At home it would charge temporarily then it would stop. Red ring on the charge port. Error in the car indicate error with charger. Even tried different mobile charger at home same error.

I'm sure it's the car. I can charge a different vehicle from my home charger with no issues.

Last edited:
It's charging fine with maximum of 28 amp. For some reason it does not like 32 amp. My charge port was replaced two months ago. Not sure if this is the issue.

I searched online and there are people having similar issues in the past. But they never post the resolution. Very frustrating. At least with my situation I know it's the car. It's not the charging system. I've ruled that out.

Last edited: