Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will not take any charge—2021 Y LR with 44.25.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GoPSU

Oct 6, 2021
Utah
Looking for ideas. My Y won’t take charge from my home 40V enelX or though the spare Tesla charger plugged into either a 20V or 15V home outlet. Worked fine for 5,000 miles and now the Tesla charge shows a red cord and blue icon and the enelX 40V gets a red icon. Neither will charge. I tried a public charger with same result.

I tried the soft restart with the brake and steering wheel buttons. Tried to power cycle the new way with the menu power off. Still same results. Port looks clean and clear. Chargers go in fully.

Ugh.

Thanks for any help!!

Have you tried using a Supercharger to confirm whether you can charge when bypassing the on-board AC to DC charger? Supercharging sends high voltage DC directly to the battery. In any event it is time to open a service request via the Tesla app. The more information you can provide, i.e. whether you can charge using a Supercharger may help the Tesla Service Department to more quickly isolate the source of the problem.

Same problem on my 2021 Model Y with 2500 miles. My ChargePoint charger will no longer charge my Tesla but works fine on my Bolt. The Tesla 110 A.C. Cord won’t charge either but a supercharger works fine. I’m waiting for my local Tesla service center to call me with a loaner so they can address the issue.

I’m having the same problem described here in my MYLR - delivered on 9/14/21; about 4700 miles. Service appointment is 2 weeks from now (was 3.5 weeks from when I first reported). Tesla knows about this issue (based on this and other threads here - but they won’t admit it when you call with all these same symptoms. Sucks that I need to go to SC to charge my car. I plan to press Tesla for some free SC sessions and will let you know where that goes.