TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Will options be packages or ala cart

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Scott Wilcox, Mar 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Scott Wilcox

Scott Wilcox Member

I don't know how the MS and MX ordering was offered. A way to save cost in manufacturing is to offer 3 or 4 packages and not have the ala cart style of ordering. I think the first LEAF offerings had on 2 packages maybe. I would think for the model 3 there will be less customization and more pick a package. Any thoughts?

2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Packaged, as they already do for the S and X.

3. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Active Member

There's really only one "package" currently for Model S and Model X and that is the Premium Interior Lighting/Premium Upgrades packages. Unless you consider Autopilot a package but I don't really. I would say most options will be standalone and there might be one or two packages at the most.

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Since we're speculating... I'd say a bit of both. There will likely be defined packages, but also things that fall outside of packages as well. Little one-offs that may or may not be pricey. I'd imagine this would appeal most when folks are buying on a budget -- at the same time though, too many choices and options can complicate production. Tesla has stated this as a reason for removing options in the past.