Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WILL order my 3 asap, most enthusiastically!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla enthusiasts,

I, a Canadian Model 3 reservation holder, will definitely order as soon Tesla opens orders to the Ontario market.

As a Day 1 reservationists, standing in line for 3 hours at the Yorkdale S/C, I secured my place in the Tesla ramp-up line
by 12:30 pm......before the 8:00 pm world-wide public unveiling of Tesla's model 3.

My enthusiasm for the Tesla 3 is growing everyday, almost 2 years (less 20 days) since my reservation.
I applaud the superb EV that Tesla has produced to launch Elon Musk's goal of sustainable transportation for
the whole world!

Lately, there are signs that foreign reserved Tesla 3 (Canada)may become a realization sooner rather than later.
There are 2 factors supporting this assumption.

Firstly, since the factory production "nightmare" at Fremont has slowed down the ramp up to 5000 weekly production goal,
I believe the Tesla is now gearing for "full speed ahead" production for the 3rd quarter, namely July 1st 2018.
This move would maximize the number of reservation holders that would receive the $7500 US federal rebate

In the interim, perhaps Tesla will move up the delivery of all Tesla reservations for Canadian owners.
My expected delivery window changed from LATE 2018 to MID 2018.....3 months sooner!

Secondly, the Ontario government, just eliminated (March 9, 2018) the $14,000 provincial EV rebate for vehicles
priced above $75,000 Canadian (base price)
My Tesla 3 will approximately cost $70,000 CDN
Cost estimates: (Base $45,000 + $12,000 (LR) + $6,500 (AWD) + $6,500 (PUP)

Thirdly, there is an upcoming provincial election (June 12). The political winds are shifting in this province.
Now the Conservative Party and its leader, Trump-lite Doug Ford at the helm, would ELIMINATE the $14,000
EV rebate.
Therefore, it behooves Tesla to accelerate all Tesla production for the Ontario market asap.
I remember reading somewhere, that Ontario may have the 3rd highest reservations of Tesla 3 in North America.
Please verify Tesla enthusiasts if you have the facts.

Sorry, for being so long winded.
However, I do pray that my Tesla 3 will soon be born and released to the wilds of Ontario!

Bet Elon has a ton of Model 3s coming your way.

I know that in Europe and Asia, when the taxes were changing, the got as many cars in under the wire as possible.

With all the new charging stations going into Canada, EV usage will just be getting better and better.

Hello Tesla enthusiasts,

I, a Canadian Model 3 reservation holder, will definitely order as soon Tesla opens orders to the Ontario market.

As a Day 1 reservationists, standing in line for 3 hours at the Yorkdale S/C, I secured my place in the Tesla ramp-up line
by 12:30 pm......before the 8:00 pm world-wide public unveiling of Tesla's model 3.

My enthusiasm for the Tesla 3 is growing everyday, almost 2 years (less 20 days) since my reservation.
I applaud the superb EV that Tesla has produced to launch Elon Musk's goal of sustainable transportation for
the whole world!

Lately, there are signs that foreign reserved Tesla 3 (Canada)may become a realization sooner rather than later.

Firstly, since the factory production "nightmare" at Fremont has slowed down the ramp up to 5000 weekly production goal,
I believe the Tesla is now gearing for "full speed ahead" production for the 3rd quarter, namely July 1st 2018.
This move would maximize the number of reservation holders that would receive the $7500 US federal rebate

In the interim, perhaps Tesla will move up the delivery of all Tesla reservations for Canadian owners.
My expected delivery window changed from LATE 2018 to MID 2018.....3 months sooner!

Secondly, the Ontario government, just eliminated (March 9, 2018) the $14,000 provincial EV rebate for vehicles

Thirdly, there is an upcoming provincial election (June 12). The political winds are shifting in this province.
Now the Conservative Party and its leader, Trump-lite Doug Ford at the helm, would ELIMINATE the $14,000
EV rebate.
Therefore, it behooves Tesla to accelerate all Tesla production for the Ontario market asap.
I remember reading somewhere, that Ontario may have the 3rd highest reservations of Tesla 3 in North America.

However, I do pray that my Tesla 3 will soon be born and released to the wilds of Ontario!

No worries about exceeding the $75k. The Ontario EVIP is based on the manufacturers base MSRP. So at this time MSRP would be the CDN equivalent of $44k USD for the base LR. Now and in the future base MSRP will not include delivery, PUP, paint, wheels, EAP, FSD and any other new options. I think we can assume MSRP base trim will mean SR, LR, SR AWD and LR AWD. Base LR AWD should be low to mid $60’s without options and delivery.

From the Ontario EVIP Questions and Answers:

For EVIP, the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is the value of the base trim level for each model not including options, taxes, pre-delivery inspection (PDI) and freight. This value is set once per year and the $MSRP value is provided by the vehicle manufacturer.

Last edited:
Uncle Paul,
Sure hope you're right!

Last night I dropped by the new Tesla dealership in Oakville.
It's only a 15 min drive from my home

Humongous building with a drive-up ramp to the showroom.
There were at least 20 Model X's & M's on the lot.
Lots of halogen street lamps lighting up the whole scene!

This will be MY location to order and service my Model 3

Hello Tesla enthusiasts,

the whole world!

EV rebate.

We are configuring in Ontario now so just not AWD yet which may come in the summer.