Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will our Model Y come from Austin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. The whole deal of the government offering this EV credit is ridiculous. It will have the opposite effect on reducing inflation. It will increase prices (inflation). The reason the FED increases the cost of money is to slow down increasing prices (inflation). This should be called the Inflation Increase Act. The real reason for this Bill is to prop up US car manufactures (mainly GM) which is not much different than when the tax payers had to bail out GM in 2008.
If the goal is to speed EV adoption, it needs to have much lower income limits and car price caps. Force the manufacturers to focus on lowering prices if they want to dangle the $7500 🥕 in front of customers. And force manufacturers like GM to focus on making cars like the volt and bolt more profitable instead of designing 9000# monsters that use 2.5x the batteries as MY and get about the same range. 3 Bolts should be able to be more profitable than 1 Hummer.

i finalized the online purchase with the app ... it asks where you want to register then it asks where you want to deliver ... if you say you don't want to deliver to the address it is registered at it tells you that Teslas registered in CA must be delivered in CA ... so that ends the shenanigans to take delivery in Austin ... I know this is a model X thread (my mistake) but my sense now is that if they start making model Y 4680s for real in Austin, they will not be LRs ... they will be something else like XLR

Are they shipping MY performance units from Austin? Saleswoman here in San Antonio said availability is Sept Oct. But where it would come from is unknown,
thoughts? Implying it could come from Austin.
They will say whatever they can to get you to buy a car now. If it means implying something that isn’t true, so be it. They don’t want you to delay waiting for an Austin build. There isn’t a long wait for MYP from Fremont so there is no reason to ship all those extra parts to Austin to build. They are keeping it simple in Austin. LR 5 seats black interior only so far.