Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

will paint chip on front sensor disable autosteer, cruise control, and auto emerg brake feature?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello all. yesterday all my autosteer, cruise control, and auto emerg brake features were disable. Everything else works fine with the car. I tried to soft reset and recalibrate camera and sensor. But the warnings message continues to show up when I try to engage autopolit. I checked all my sensor outside and looks like there is a paint chip damage on one of front sensor. Will paint chip on front sensor disable autosteer, cruise control, and auto emerg brake feature? Anyone had the same problem before and wonder how to resolve it?

20220802_190210.jpg

20220803_184142.jpg

Seems unlikely but there's been anecdotal evidence of some vinyl wraps interfering with the sensor as well so it could be possible. Best to schedule a service and have them check it out.

hello all. yesterday all my autosteer, cruise control, and auto emerg brake features were disable. Everything else works fine with the car. I tried to soft reset and recalibrate camera and sensor. But the warnings message continues to show up when I try to engage autopolit. I checked all my sensor outside and looks like there is a paint chip damage on one of front sensor. Will paint chip on front sensor disable autosteer, cruise control, and auto emerg brake feature? Anyone had the same problem before and wonder how to resolve it?

We're on FSDb and for the past two or three weeks have had similar issues. While on FSD, we get a random red steering wheel "panic" and then the AEB/CC become disabled. They stay disabled even after a reboot. They re-enable after the car "rests" for a short period.

We set up a SC visit and was contacted by a Tesla "virtual tech". He verified that the "panic" and disabled AEB/CC issues were a "bug" in the present beta software and Tesla was aware of the issue. He alluded to a fix in either the next update or a future one.

thanks for all the feedback. a little update on the situation. I did not bother to contact Tesal team. This morning autopolit and AEB magically working again without me doing anything. Maybe tesla AI team secretly update the firmware in the background?

thanks for all the feedback. a little update on the situation. I did not bother to contact Tesal team. This morning autopolit and AEB magically working again without me doing anything. Maybe tesla AI team secretly update the firmware in the background?
When your car went into deep sleep the fed computer shutdown. When the car woke up in the morning - the reboot solved the issue!

Today I have this same issue. Automatic emergency braking disabled alert on the screen, autopilot and cruise control no longer work. I tried a reset and it still doesn't work.

See if mine clears on its own tomorrow too I guess.

I am not on FSD beta.

PXL_20220814_014314434.jpg

If you have sentry mode on or any of the other reasons that your car doesn't sleep you will not get the overnight reset. If you open the app after 15 minutes and it quickly populates it's not sleeping, if you open it and you see Last Seen 15 minutes ago and then you wait for a while before the screen refreshes than it is going to sleep correctly and overnight you'll get a reset.

Otherwise you can just do the hard reset the way Tesla has you do it, sit in the car, on the Safety screen choose Power Off, now don't move a muscle for a full 2 minutes. The 12v battery will still be on, but it should have power cycled everything that is on the 400v battery. This is as opposed to the soft reset with holding the two thumbwheels.

Reactions: coolmanfever