Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will playing video games everyday for 30 minutes wear the 12v battery down quicker than normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt it, but I dont personally get all the angst around the 12v in the model 3s from 2017-2022 pre the li-ion change for the newest ones. The 12v is an $85 part. You can install it yourself and pay $85 for the part, or you can let tesla install it and the total cost (parts, labor, taxes) is roughly $120-130. I dont understand why people are so focused on it when its so relatively cheap.

I doubt it, but I dont personally get all the angst around the 12v in the model 2s from 2017-2022 pre the li-ion change for the newest ones. The 12v is an $85 part. You can install it yourself and pay $85 for the part, or you can let tesla install it and the total cost (parts, labor, taxes) is roughly $120-130. I dont understand why people are so focused on it when its so relatively cheap.

I think they're spooked by all the "horror stories" of being stranded because the 12v died.

Reactions: MCM3