Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will post-delivery FSD option go away?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears Tesla is no longer offering FSD as an option when you order a new car.

I CAN still add it to my car. Think they will drop that option as well? They already pulled a bit of a bait and switch by changing the price, so it seems possible they will drop it.

When I ordered my car I fully intended on buying that option for $4k when (if) it was actually available. Then they raised the price. Now I am nervous they will drop it all together.

Thoughts?

Personally, I think they will drop the purchase option off all current HW cars soon. My guess is they're finally figuring out that it's going to cost a lot more than originally thought to upgrade 200k+ cars.
Yes this will cause issues but maybe less issues than upgrading all these cars. Who knows? Only the man in charge. Haha

Personally, I think they will drop the purchase option off all current HW cars soon. My guess is they're finally figuring out that it's going to cost a lot more than originally thought to upgrade 200k+ cars.
Yes this will cause issues but maybe less issues than upgrading all these cars. Who knows? Only the man in charge. Haha
Looks like the man in charge is cleaning things up for the next man up.

The FSD was a bit off a mess that had to get straightened out before the new chair person came on board.

I can imagine their reaction to FSD.

"YOU DID WHAT????"

I think it's just website errors.
It's not an error. FSD was available on MS after the release of M3 medium range. They slowly pulled it from the rest of the vehicles, MX included.

Here's proof it wasn't an accident.

Screenshot_20181018-202009~2.png

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
On the ordering page they have removed the list of features that supposed to be included into FSD. The EAP description is also different now. Not good...
EAP is different?! Oh snap! We're in for some disappointments now.

I can totally see the M3 Mid-Range release being a smoke and mirrors to these FSD/AP changes. They're hoping Eletrek and Co. only report on the awesome M3 Mid-Range and ignore all the major changes coming to FSD/AP.

• Funny
Reactions: cardood and cdub
EAP is different?! Oh snap! We're in for some disappointments now.

I can totally see the M3 Mid-Range release being a smoke and mirrors to these FSD/AP changes. They're hoping Eletrek and Co. only report on the awesome M3 Mid-Range and ignore all the major changes coming to FSD/AP.

EAP description just has less details now.

Somebody please make screenshots of the original EAP and FSD descriptions if they are still available for someone, so we can have a reference later to compare.

EAP description just has less details now.

Somebody please make screenshots of the original EAP and FSD descriptions if they are still available for someone, so we can have a reference later to compare.
It looks the same as it did in March when we got our last one. Almost the same as 2016 where the only different was the promise of EAP in December 2016 (which we all know how that turned out).

EAP in December.png

Reactions: xborg
Why are people surprised? No different that what they did 691hp for P85D, "find you anywhere on private property AP1", 90-degree driveway summon, blind spot monitoring for AP1, SDK to develop apps, etc, etc. Elon's M.O. is to hype it, sell, take it off the website, never talk about it again while hyping the next thing.
I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. Haha.
I guess the main difference here is many paid for a specific feature that just got pulled from the site. It'll be an interesting week ahead, that's for sure.

Could this have anything to do with the AP2.0 settlement that just finished up yesterday? Is this a huge coincidence or was this planned??? Lizard Illuminati?

Sheikh, et al. v. Tesla, Inc.

When and where will the Court hold the Final Approval Hearing on the fairness of the Settlement?

The Final Approval Hearing has been set for 9:00 AM on October 17, 2018, before the Honorable Beth Labson Freeman at the San Jose Courthouse, Courtroom 3, 5th Floor, 280 S. 1st Street, San Jose, CA 91513. At the Final Approval Hearing, the Court will hear any objections and arguments concerning the fairness of the proposed Settlement, including the amount requested by Class Counsel for attorneys’ fees and costs and the service awards to the Class Representatives.