Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will pre-refresh MX key fobs work with new car and is it possible to open fwd w/ phone app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my old MX key fobs somewhere in storage, and was wondering if I can have a mobile tech or service program it to the new refresh X or I need to purchase new key fobs?

I want the key fob so I can open the doors as we are approaching the car or is there a way to open the doors from the app that I totally missed?

I have my old MX key fobs somewhere in storage, and was wondering if I can have a mobile tech or service program it to the new refresh X or I need to purchase new key fobs?

I want the key fob so I can open the doors as we are approaching the car or is there a way to open the doors from the app that I totally missed?
No. Key fobs from legacy model X will NOT work with palladium (refresh) Model X. However your phone key (new with Palladium) will perform those functions.

Good to know. I'll stop searching for the fobs! For some reason the option to open doors is not showing up on my phone app.
Unlock doors is on the phone app, but I’m not aware of opening/closing doors ever being on the phone app. Here is what I see on my iPhone for my legacy X.
4C80208A-7551-45CE-B5EC-3099D44F7690.jpeg

Unlock doors is on the phone app, but I’m not aware of opening/closing doors ever being on the phone app. Here is what I see on my iPhone for my legacy X.
View attachment 857566
My wifes android phone has the ability to open the doors including the FWD with her app. I have an android but mine does not show. Her app is a newer version than mine. This is a pic from my phone hers has icons beside the doors to open them, I'll try to post a pic from hers. App version 4.12 1-1271

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220928-210629_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220928-210629_Tesla.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 65