Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Premium Connectivity come to the SR+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait a minute, premium connectivity in my LR AWD is only for one year? Honestly, I do NOT remember it saying one year complimentary when I purchased. I know I compared the SR+, LR and Performance and I did not remember seeing it as one year only.
Depends when you ordered... if you ordered before July 1, 2018, then you get it for the life of the car. If you ordered on or after July 1, 2018, then you get 1-yr free. However, Since July 1, 2019 is coming up soon and they haven't announce anything yet, it will be free for some time yet.

My personal hope is that they are preparing some sort of significant update to the infotainment system that will have some better features to make it much more likely people will want to pay $100/yr for the connectivity. Because what they have now is not worth $100/yr (IMO). BUT, if they added the ability for me to use my AppleMusic, Spotify, Google Music, or Sirius XM accounts, then it starts to be better. They also seriously need to have a way to "subscribe" to podcasts so the car remembers a) which ones you've listened to, and b) consistently remember your place in the podcast when you turn off the car. Finally, being able to "browse" my phone's music over bluetooth like most other cars that have bluetooth media. Cherry on top: Wireless Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

I actually spend a lot of extra money for the LR because of those premium connectivity features. Tesla said that the features would not be available on the SR+, and would never be. That's why I bought the LR even though I didn't need the range. I'd be kinda pissed if they enable that option for SR+ owners anyway

I actually spent a lot less money for an SR+ because they said it would be available as a separate feature and I didn’t think the LR price difference was worth it for just those features since I didn’t need the range.

I’d be kinda pissed if they don’t enable that option for SR+ owners.

#ThatsTesla :)

ps. Some SR+ owners are pissed that the SR is basically identical. You didn’t have to pay more to get the better interior, and the heated seats are still there and probably usable or unlockabke too. #ThatsTesla :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Joey_82
I actually spent a lot less money for an SR+ because they said it would be available as a separate feature and I didn’t think the LR price difference was worth it for just those features since I didn’t need the range.

I’d be kinda pissed if the don’t enable that option for SR+ owners.

#ThatsTesla :)

ps. Some SR+ owners are pissed that the SR is basically identical. You didn’t have to pay more to get the better interior, and the heated seats are still there and probably usable or unlockabke too. #ThatsTesla :)

I'm in Canada and torn between SR+ and LR RWD. ~$12,700 difference after tax and the current federal rebate. Feels a bit stupid that the connectivity is driving most of my want to go for LR.

I'm in Canada and torn between SR+ and LR RWD. ~$12,700 difference after tax and the current federal rebate. Feels a bit stupid that the connectivity is driving most of my want to go for LR.

Can you still actually order the LR RWD? What was the off menu price in Canada for that? $7,700 more with tax? What’s the before tax difference? Do you have luxury taxes in your province? Those can also start to kick in when you go from SR to LR :)

I also thought I read recently that they took it off the “off menu” and aren’t making LR RWDs? So, an extra $5-6k or whatever on top for AWD when all you want is the connectivity is stretching even more.

I think best case all cars get offered ~$100 USD/yr option sometime this year. Worst case IMO is they charge you $500 to unlock the feature and then charge you the monthly/annual subscription price. I think it will be free to unlock and you just pay the subscription price.

Can you still actually order the LR RWD? What was the off menu price in Canada for that? $7,700 more with tax? What’s the before tax difference? Do you have luxury taxes in your province? Those can also start to kick in when you go from SR to LR :)

I also thought I read recently that they took it off the “off menu” and aren’t making LR RWDs? So, an extra $5-6k or whatever on top for AWD when all you want is the connectivity is stretching even more.

At first I was going back and forth between SR+ and LR AWD, and the tax-in difference was nearly $21K CAD. Then when going to the store and doing some test drives I learned they have a few LR RWD models around for test drives, and a handful in inventory. Not sure if they're still manufacturing them at all though - but I saw on the forums here there is a thread for LR RWD waiting room. Sounds like small batches are made still once in a while.

I'm not in too much of a rush just yet, as I'm aiming to replace an EV which has the lease ending later this summer. I'm in Ontario, and the LR RWD with same options (colour and 19" wheels) is about $12,700 more than the SR+ and about $8000 less than the LR AWD. The base price before options, freight, tax and government incentives seem to be about $7000 from both SR+ to LR RWD and $7000 again from LR RWD to LR AWD.

You can actually search here: Tesla Inventory List - Find your next car

The same LR RWD models showing up on that site also showed up on the store's internal inventory website as well. Just need to add freight + sales tax to those prices. They seem mostly in the mid 60's CAD for LR RWD.

My only concern there though, is they're roughly 2-2.5 months old, VINs around 330XXX, and no clue if they have HW3, or if they were models that were refused at delivery for some reason.

I think best case all cars get offered ~$100 USD/yr option sometime this year. Worst case IMO is they charge you $500 to unlock the feature and then charge you the monthly/annual subscription price. I think it will be free to unlock and you just pay the subscription price.

I'd be happy with a one time fee and/or recurring fee for it. I think it would be more than fair.