Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will production timeline for Y go back up after quarter close?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed in the past once a quarter closes timelines sometimes go back up to longer periods of time for Tesla's. Given all the delivery issues, should we expect the same here after 6/30? I ordered a Blk/Blk AWD 19" no hitch on 6/17 under the 4-8 week delivery timeline, but kinda expect it might take longer than the 8 weeks considering the above.

Are they production MY's for EXPORT? If not it seems to me ALL production will be for US consumption and delivery time will stay the same or possible decrease depending on demand. I wonder how many folks are holding off a bit to see if/when Tesla gets a handle on the QC issues. I know we are all loaded and ready to pull the trigger but will wait to see how vehicles built in July get delivered.

Are they production MY's for EXPORT? If not it seems to me ALL production will be for US consumption and delivery time will stay the same or possible decrease depending on demand. I wonder how many folks are holding off a bit to see if/when Tesla gets a handle on the QC issues. I know we are all loaded and ready to pull the trigger but will wait to see how vehicles built in July get delivered.

I asked my delivery advisor about that because a random Tesla employee informed me that if I dont get my car by the end of the quarter, that I should expect it in August or September due to Tesla focusing on other countries in the beginning of a new quarter. But my advisor says that the timeline will not change for the Y since its a new release and preorders have not been filled yet. I am seeing people have July deliveries already scheduled so time will tell.

I asked my delivery advisor about that because a random Tesla employee informed me that if I dont get my car by the end of the quarter, that I should expect it in August or September due to Tesla focusing on other countries in the beginning of a new quarter.

I was told the same thing by my local delivery agent back in Mid-May.

But my advisor says that the timeline will not change for the Y since its a new release and preorders have not been filled yet. I am seeing people have July deliveries already scheduled so time will tell.

I hope that is true. While missing June would suck, waiting until Europe gets theirs and the US doesn't get anything until September would suck even more, for all of us waiting.