Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will reapplying for financing through Tesla change EDD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MYLR on 10/28/21 and financed through Tesla. EDD bounced around a bit but settled on Mar 14-Apr 17. Then my loan approval lapsed and asked me to reapply. Now my EDD is TBD. Anyone know if you have to reapply for financing through Tesla if you lose you place in line?

Talk to a sales advisor to confirm, but you should put your payment method down as cash until you get closer to your EDD. Once it gets close and you get a VIN or a text from Tesla asking if you're ready to take delivery soon, you contact them to change over your payment method. I think if you re-apply it puts your profile status back to incomplete.

Upvote 0
I ordered a MYLR on 10/28/21 and financed through Tesla. EDD bounced around a bit but settled on Mar 14-Apr 17. Then my loan approval lapsed and asked me to reapply. Now my EDD is TBD. Anyone know if you have to reapply for financing through Tesla if you lose you place in line?
Switch your order to CASH. Then switch it back once you have a VIN. No sense in keeping financing alive if you aren’t getting a car any time soon.

Upvote 0