TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Will Roadster be accepted at Exotic car Meet ups?

Discussion in 'Roadster 2020+' started by JetFalcon, Dec 5, 2019.

1. JetFalcon

JetFalcon Member

Whenever the Roadsters become available and are out on the road, will these cars be accepted at exotic car meet ups? Like car meet ups that have Lamborghini, Ferrari, Pagani, McLaren, etc. I am sure this car will be faster accelerating than most those gas based exotic cars.

But I feel car people won't appreciate it as much as a Lamborghini because it doesn't make a growling noise. Or it doesn't have the sophistication of a giant gas engine. And that's a big thing in exotic cars is the display of the engine, and that's the thing people wanna hear. But a Tesla can't show off any engine, its motor is like hidden in the wheel area.

But the Roadster will probably beat every exotic more expensive than itself, at least in acceleration.

2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

I don't see why not... Several original Roadsters have been in shows and getting more attention than these "more common" super car brands :cool::D

• Like x 1
  3. MichaelP90DL

MichaelP90DL Member

Drop a can of V8 juice in the frunk and go anyway. When you arrive, pop the hood.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  4. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

I think you need a couple of V8 to make it a V16! :D

• Funny x 1
  5. Pinot.Noir

Pinot.Noir Member

As long as you bring excellent Pinot, you are pretty much welcome anywhere.

• Funny x 2
    • Love x 1
  6. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

Google the phrase: exotic car electric conversion

You may be surprised by the results.

• Like x 3
  7. XLR82XS

XLR82XS Active Member

Is it LIKE hidden? Or just hidden? (Grammar much?)

• Funny x 1
  8. JetFalcon

JetFalcon Member

Well, all the working mechanism is all under the car, and the wheels. Can't pop a hood open and show an engine, I believe all EVs only have motors.

sorry for using too many "like" words.

9. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Accepted? Is there some sort of exotic car police at these gatherings?
    Pretty sure you’ll be fine bringing a Roadster to these events, they won’t be selling many of these so the car will be exotic