Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will sentry mode and dog mode work simultaneously

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time on here. Posting because an incident occurred which would quickly have involved the police.

Went into mall to grab a sandwhich and left the dog inside. I saw on the app that the cabin temp was a little higher than I’d like so I made sure the a/c was on for him the whole time and received confirmation that the temp was at the desired level (60°).

I return 15 minutes later and find a man and woman screaming their heads of and standing next to my car. The man is screaming my license plate number to the entire (busy) mall parking lot and every onlooker in earshot while the woman is taking pictures of my license plate.

Mind you it has been a long, terrible day already for me and I was sick and not feeling well. Nonetheless, I very calmly approach the two and in a soft voice ask: “is there a problem?” The woman says there’s a dog in the car and he’s been barking. I told her the car was indeed on and is at 60°. “We’ll how could we have known?” she replies with a concerned yet embarrassed look on her face. She made a quick, half-hearted apology with her back already turned and walking inside the mall while the man was conveniently no where to be seen.

I understand these people seem to have good hearts. However, instead of screaming their heads off (I seriously thought the man was on drugs because of his obnoxious mannerism) perhaps they could have calmly assessed the situation.

My question in all of this is, will sentry mode and dog mode work simultaneously? (I always turn sentry mode on when pup is briefly alone). Also, I tried to turn dog mode on while in the food court but the only option I had was to just turn the a/c on, is there an update for this coming? If both sentry and dog mode are on, will it display “dog mode” on the screen as usual?

Any wisdom in this matter would be appreciated. Unfortunately, because of the way the situation was handled, it was embarrassing for both parties involved. Would love to hear if there’s something different I could have done for next time.

Thanks a million!

Were you using dog mode? or did you turn on AC from your phone? 'Cause dog mode puts the fun "Waiting for my driver, temp is XX" message on the screen - which occasionally someone sees. And then you could have told the lady "Did you look in the car? There's a huge screen saying what the temperature is...."

Sentry mode includes very loud music, so Tesla disables sentry mode when you leave it in dog mode. But, the car still records everything for an hour.........

Were you using dog mode? or did you turn on AC from your phone? 'Cause dog mode puts the fun "Waiting for my driver, temp is XX" message on the screen - which occasionally someone sees. And then you could have told the lady "Did you look in the car? There's a huge screen saying what the temperature is...."

Sentry mode includes very loud music, so Tesla disables sentry mode when you leave it in dog mode. But, the car still records everything for an hour.........

Really? I've never heard my car play anything while in Sentry mode.

First time on here. Posting because an incident occurred which would quickly have involved the police.

Went into mall to grab a sandwhich and left the dog inside. I saw on the app that the cabin temp was a little higher than I’d like so I made sure the a/c was on for him the whole time and received confirmation that the temp was at the desired level (60°).

I return 15 minutes later and find a man and woman screaming their heads of and standing next to my car. The man is screaming my license plate number to the entire (busy) mall parking lot and every onlooker in earshot while the woman is taking pictures of my license plate.

Mind you it has been a long, terrible day already for me and I was sick and not feeling well. Nonetheless, I very calmly approach the two and in a soft voice ask: “is there a problem?” The woman says there’s a dog in the car and he’s been barking. I told her the car was indeed on and is at 60°. “We’ll how could we have known?” she replies with a concerned yet embarrassed look on her face. She made a quick, half-hearted apology with her back already turned and walking inside the mall while the man was conveniently no where to be seen.

I understand these people seem to have good hearts. However, instead of screaming their heads off (I seriously thought the man was on drugs because of his obnoxious mannerism) perhaps they could have calmly assessed the situation.

My question in all of this is, will sentry mode and dog mode work simultaneously? (I always turn sentry mode on when pup is briefly alone). Also, I tried to turn dog mode on while in the food court but the only option I had was to just turn the a/c on, is there an update for this coming? If both sentry and dog mode are on, will it display “dog mode” on the screen as usual?

Any wisdom in this matter would be appreciated. Unfortunately, because of the way the situation was handled, it was embarrassing for both parties involved. Would love to hear if there’s something different I could have done for next time.

Thanks a million!
As of 2022.12.3.1 and App version 4.70 Dog Mode or Camp Mode can be anabled remotely from the App.
Sentry can't be on at the same time on these modes.
I just always turn on Dog Mode and lock the car when Jiro is left behind.
20220427_051909.jpg
20220427_052634.jpg
20220420_183135.jpg

🐕 for attention 😎

I'd never have Sentry Mode on with a dog in the car because if someone set it off, the loud music would hurt the dog's sensitive ears. But it would be great if Dog Mode did everything Sentry Mode does except turn on the loud cabin music.