Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will skis fit inside the 5 seater?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does anyone know what the trunk dimension diagonally is in the 5 seat configuration? Also, I noticed there is some room under the seats, will it be enough space under there to put some 210cm/83inches skis diagonally?

Finally, I saw some pictures of the trunk in the 5 seater where a small gap was visible under the seats from the trunk, can you put skis under there?

Cheers

Diagonal is a max of 90" and straight to the back of the seats is 76" with my front seats in their normal driving positions. With either of those dimensions, I would think the skis need to be at least 1-2" shorter because of the spread of the ski tips (on the diagonal both ski tips can't go to the perfect corner like the measuring tape I just used) and because you don't want ski tips only 1/4" off your seat backs.

There's no way to go under the 2nd row seats with skis. There is a raised portion behind them, presumably for the motor/axle.

I believe 83" diagonal would be fine, but you should still wrap the tips & tails to avoid damaging the backs of your seats or the tail gate.

Two thoughts:

There is a post floating around here somewhere where someone figured out she could slide her skis under her 'middle' row in a five seater. They pitched up at a diagonal but fit just fine. She had pictures too - it looked great!

Secondly, in my six seat confit I can fit our 180cm skis just barely diagonally behind the middle row. Possibly you have a little more space with the five but 210 is pretty long...

With regard to the person who angled the skis under the middle row, I wouldn't go on that assumption, at least not now. There is a separate debate about how the load floor is supported. Some 5-seaters have a support board that can be removed entirely while there's at least one comment that someone got that support board fixed in place so that it cannot be removed at all (which would completely block access to that area). My service center doesn't know. It's possible the method shown by the one user may not work going forward.

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
It's totally doable! See photo: 5 people, 1 snowboard, 3 pairs of skis and poles.

I set my snowboard (in bag) diagonally to fill the space between the seatback and the trunk, then put skis on top of it. Cover the seat with a blanket, then slide them in, above the headrest first, careful not to scratch the roof liner, then pull them back into the lowest opposite corner of the trunk.

5 snowboards or 5 skis would also fit this way, you just have to be careful not to rest the tips of the skis on the door. Bags help with that, but my friends didn't have any so I used my snowboard in its bag to prop the skis up and wrapped the tips in a blanket to not scratch the seats.

The falcon wing door is still perfectly usable as long as the skis don't rest on it/move when opening.

Happy wintersports!

Attachments

• 534B6199-7D21-40DB-AB35-29C9F52A681E.jpeg
    534B6199-7D21-40DB-AB35-29C9F52A681E.jpeg
    432 KB · Views: 4,196
Reactions: E Dizzle
210s!! Haven't seen those sized skis years. I put my skis (Nordic and downhill) underneath the front passenger seat. I have a 6 seater so a little different rear seat posts. They fit almost parallel to the body of the car going underneath the front seat and on the inside of the monopost for the seat behind it.

With a five you might be able to go underneath the front seat and diagonal across the middle floor.

210s!! Haven't seen those sized skis years. I put my skis (Nordic and downhill) underneath the front passenger seat. I have a 6 seater so a little different rear seat posts. They fit almost parallel to the body of the car going underneath the front seat and on the inside of the monopost for the seat behind it.

With a five you might be able to go underneath the front seat and diagonal across the middle floor.

@b_rad, any chance you have any pictures you could share showing this arrangement? I'd love to see how you fit your skis under the front passenger seat -- that sounds like a great solution. Better than a hitch ski rack (road grime), suction cup roof rack (risk of damaging FWD, trunk or glass) or sliding between the 2nd row seats (no room for my dog!).