TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Will sunroof become an option?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Seesaw, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Seesaw

Seesaw Member

in the early days I could of sworn that Tesla said there will eventually be three roof options for the Model 3; solid, glass and a glass sunroof.

Is there any talk of when or if the sunroof will become available?

2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

Someday. But as with other features, new additions to the available options list are slowly coming. Very. Slowly.

3. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Member

I suspect we won't see a pano roof in Model 3 for a couple of years, solid roof will arrive with the base SR 3.

I thought this was something I would really want until I rented a Model S for the weekend and decided I just liked the glass roof better- much quieter and you can still see out. I'm someone who has traditionally loved sunroofs and has a Miata (the ultimate sunroof :D).

• Helpful x 1
  4. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

IMG_5360.JPG

• Funny x 1
  5. Tes La Ferrari

probably a solid roof on the base $35K model when they release that...and probably see 17" wheels with narrower tires for better range on the small battery

6. kengchang

kengchang Member

Doubt it on 3